TUNIC 🦊 A Secret Legend

Talk about games! Anyone can play these games. We're about to release new games (and you'll love these games)
Cuboid64
You can say anything you want online, o poster mine.
Brazil

TUNIC 🦊 A Secret Legend

Post by Cuboid64 »

Earlier this year (2022) a game packed full of secrets and adventure was released, to rave reviews! It was hard to find anyone that DIDN'T like it! It was a game you could get lost in for hours upon hours and keep finding something new to apparently no end.

That game was Elden Ring. About a month AFTER that another game was released, but no less full of secrets and adventure. This game, is Tunic.

YOU are a small fox who washes up on a mysterious island full of adventure! Fight monsters, find treasure, and who knows from there!

It's very hard for me to talk about this game because, I feel like it's not gotten enough love or attention (mostly looking at the Game Awards but I know I know those don't really count for much), BUT the less you know going in the better IMO. What I can say...
  • It's a mix of Legend of Zelda and a Souls game - You're pretty much dropped into a world you know nothing about that is up to YOU to explore and learn about. It's also got some dodge rolling and watching out for enemy attacks and tells
  • If you're like me and are not into Souls-type combat, there's some nice extra options for infinite stamina or buddha mode!
  • It's on pretty much all the main consoles at this point AND Steam! And Game Pass, if you're into that.
  • Has a great OST that you can get separately, though probably for the best if you pick that AFTER you've beat the game.
Hopefully that helps! It's a game i've felt pretty strongly about after beating it and watching friends play through it has been just as much of a delight. If you pick it up and try it, I hope you have as much fun as I did.

Also, probably for the best to make good use of the
Spoiler!
Spoiler
tag while you're in here.
ROBBYDUDE
I BLADE YOU FOREWELL
Italy

Re: TUNIC 🦊 A Secret Legend

Post by ROBBYDUDE »

i was gifted this game but never booted it up, but every time i see someone talk about it they have nothing but amazing things to say about it. it seems like the perfect deck game too...

|^^^^^^^^^^^^| ,,
| SEXY TRUCK | '|""";.||.___.
|_..._...______==== _|__|..., ] |
"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)
Fastplant64
Actual Wizard
United States of America

Post by Fastplant64 »

I’ve been playing Tunic recently and it’s the first game in a while that has actually been able to suck me into the world without all my dang responsibilities pulling me out of it. Right now I’m a bit stuck at
Spoiler!
The Ziggurat
and I feel like I’m missing something crucial, but it feels disingenuous to this game and it’s presentation to look up a walkthrough. This game is an absolute blast though and I’ll probably write up an essay about it once I finish it. (I also REALLY want to watch Sarah Zedig’s video essay on it, but I’m holding out until I beat it myself.)
Fastplant64
Actual Wizard
United States of America

Post by Fastplant64 »

Ok I need help freaks. I don’t know how to
Spoiler!
beat the Boss Scavenger. I can only BARELY get them down to half their health.
Is there something I’m missing or am I just dumbass?

Cuboid64
You can say anything you want online, o poster mine.
Brazil

Post by Cuboid64 »

Fastplant64 wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:55 am Ok I need help freaks. I don’t know how to
Spoiler!
beat the Boss Scavenger. I can only BARELY get them down to half their health.
Is there something I’m missing or am I just dumbass?

Spoiler!
If you’ve been keeping your stats upgraded, or much else you can do Inthink. It’s a hard fight, that’s we’re I got kind of sick of the combat and just turned on infinite health in the extra setting lmao. It’s definitely doable, I’ve seen others do it, it’s just a bit of a wall
Fastplant64
Actual Wizard
United States of America

Post by Fastplant64 »

I realized I was just playing with a bad set of abilities cards LMAO. I got passed that section and I’m super excited to blast through the rest this weekend
Fastplant64
Actual Wizard
United States of America

Post by Fastplant64 »

I beat it! It's my fav of 2022 and I even wrote a short dinky review of it for my college newspaper cuz I couldn't get it off my mind. There is so much love for that original Zelda in this game. Now that the FreakBoards NES/GB Book Club is getting me to revisit it, I'm seeing just how much of that early Zelda magic is in the DNA of Tunic. It's everything that we love about these old NES adventure games while leaving out all the troublesome issues that come with age. It also rewards you for keeping a journal and writing clues down!! If a game makes me want to bust open a notebook then I gotta give it high marks.