just keep posting thru it bitch
Finch
Pokéfreak Extraordinaire
Wales

Re: BAKING

Post by Finch »

mossymagicks wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:50 am
mossymagicks wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:43 am
Finch wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:23 pm Made carrot cake cupcakes today! They sunk a bit but it's good otherwise
YO I've got a yummy yummy carrot cake in the oven right now

update coming soon
UPDATE:

yum yum c:

Oh fuck yes that looks so good
ImageImageImage
Finch
Pokéfreak Extraordinaire
Wales

Post by Finch »

Recently made a chocolate cake with a peanut butter buttercream and it was a real hit with my family - shout out to Baking Gold by Jami Curl where I got the recipe from

It's like if reese's were a cake, best served chilled imo
ImageImageImage
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

Finch wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:24 am Recently made a chocolate cake with a peanut butter buttercream and it was a real hit with my family - shout out to Baking Gold by Jami Curl where I got the recipe from

That sounds fucking awesome & now I wanna bake
ImageImageImageImageImage
Finch
Pokéfreak Extraordinaire
Wales

Post by Finch »

mysteryROOSTER wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:40 am
Finch wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 11:24 am Recently made a chocolate cake with a peanut butter buttercream and it was a real hit with my family - shout out to Baking Gold by Jami Curl where I got the recipe from

You didn't ask for the recipe, but I'm going to share it anyway. Enjoy!

Peanut Butter Fudge Cake
NOTES: The peanut butter buttercream and the chocolate fudge sauce can be made in advance to the cake. They both keep in the fridge (in an air tight container) for up to one week. The peanut butter buttercream can also sit at room temperature for about a day. If you have refrigerated the fudge sauce - it will need to be reheated (recipe recommends a double boiler if reheating, but a microwave works fine). The full cake, assembled, can be kept at room temperature for one day, and can be refrigerated for up to 5 days (personally, I prefer it chilled overnight anyway).
You will make too much peanut butter buttercream and fudge sauce, I like to make some scoops of peanut butter and cover them in the leftover sauce for a sort of DIY peanut butter cups.

Ingredients
Cake Batter
2 cups / 400g granulated sugar
2cups / 240g all-purpose flour
1 cup / 100g cocoa powder
2 tsp / 12g baking soda
2 tsp / 8g baking powder
1 tsp / 5g kosher salt
2 large eggs
1 cup / 227g sour cream
1/2 cup / 105g canola oil (can be subbed for a different oil, like vegetable oil, if needed)
2 tsp / 12g pure vanilla extract
1 cup / 230g boiling coffee (do not use plastic or other materials that melt to measure, use metal or glass!)

Peanut Butter Buttercream
1 1/2 cups / 405g smooth peanut butter (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups / 339g unsalted butter (at room temperature) (about 3 sticks)
1/4 cup / 57g cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups / 156g powdered sugar (sifted (it's fine if you don't sift don't sweat it))
1 tsp / 6g pure vanilla extract
1 tsp / 5g kosher salt

Cocoa Fudge Sauce
1 cup / 240g heavy cream (AKA heavy whipping cream)
1/2 cup / 113g unsalted butter (about 1 stick)
1 cup / 215g brown sugar (light or dark, I typically use light)
1/2 cup / 100g granulated sugar
1/2 tsp / 3g kosher salt
1 1/3 / 130g cocoa powder
2sp / 12g pure vanilla extract

Instructions
Chocolate Cake
Pre-heat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Line a 9 by 13-inch pan with parchment paper, OR two 9-inch cake rounds, OR put cupcake cups in cupcake pan. (You can also grease the pans, but parchment paper is less messy and makes the cake easier to move)

Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a LARGE bowl. Use a sturdy spoon to stir them all together.

In a MEDIUM bowl, combine the eggs and sour cream with a fork, mixing until smooth. Add the oil and vanilla and use the fork to mix until they're incorporated. The mixture will be smooth and creamy.

Add the wet to the dry ingredients in the LARGE bowl and stir to combine. The batter will be VERY thick.

Add the coffee in thirds, stirring after every addition. The batter will get easier to stir as you add more liquid. Once all the coffee has been added, continue stirring until the batter is smooth and has thinned slightly with no traces of unmixed ingredients remaining.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s) and bake.
For 9 by 13-inch pan: 35 - 40 minutes
For two 9-inch cake rounds: 30 - 35 minutes
For cupcakes: 15 - 18 minutes

Once fully baked, it will be springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the middle will come out clean.

Let the cake cool completely before any trimming, assembling, or decorating.

If you have a stand mixer: fit with the paddle attachment.
You can also use a hand mixer (I haven't done so with this recipe, ymmv)
Beat together the peanut butter, butter, and cream cheese until smooth, creamy, and evenly mixed. With the mixer on low, add the powdered sugar, a bit at a time, and mix until you no longer see traces of it. Stop the mixer and scrape the bottom and sides of the bowls. Add the vanilla and salt and mix on medium until the buttercream is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes (this is what the recipe says, but it always takes a little longer for me).
Transfer the buttercream to a clean bowl, cover, and refrigerate until it's firm enough to scoop, 20-30 minutes. If you refrigerated for longer, give the buttercream time to get to a scoopable consistency before putting on the cake.

Cocoa Fudge Sauce
In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and stir as the butter melts. Once the contents of the pan are simmering, continue to simmer or 2 minutes. Remove the an from the heat and add the cocoa powder, whisking until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla. Transfer the sauce to a clean bowl and let cool until it's thick yet pourable and barely warm to the touch. This is important, as if the sauce is too hot it will melt the buttercream.

ASSEMBLING
Using a scoop (or a large spoon), scoop the buttercream onto the cake, flat-side down. Continue scooping in a pattern or randomly, until you've covered the cake. You will have mounds of peanut butter buttercream, or you can smooth them out (I like to make "waves" but having lines of more peanut butter).
Refrigerate the cake until the buttercream mounds are firm to the touch - about 20 minutes. Once firm, pour the fudge sauce over by starting at one end of cake and slowly pouring over the top, coating entirely. Let the cake rest until the glaze has cooled.

ALTERNATIVELY - you can put the fudge sauce on first, and then put the buttercream on top of the fudge sauce. Up to you!
ImageImageImage
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

Pogging for recipe
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

Finch wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 11:11 am
mysteryROOSTER wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 4:40 am

You didn't ask for the recipe, but I'm going to share it anyway. Enjoy!
Spoiler!

Peanut Butter Fudge Cake
NOTES: The peanut butter buttercream and the chocolate fudge sauce can be made in advance to the cake. They both keep in the fridge (in an air tight container) for up to one week. The peanut butter buttercream can also sit at room temperature for about a day. If you have refrigerated the fudge sauce - it will need to be reheated (recipe recommends a double boiler if reheating, but a microwave works fine). The full cake, assembled, can be kept at room temperature for one day, and can be refrigerated for up to 5 days (personally, I prefer it chilled overnight anyway).
You will make too much peanut butter buttercream and fudge sauce, I like to make some scoops of peanut butter and cover them in the leftover sauce for a sort of DIY peanut butter cups.

Ingredients
Cake Batter
2 cups / 400g granulated sugar
2cups / 240g all-purpose flour
1 cup / 100g cocoa powder
2 tsp / 12g baking soda
2 tsp / 8g baking powder
1 tsp / 5g kosher salt
2 large eggs
1 cup / 227g sour cream
1/2 cup / 105g canola oil (can be subbed for a different oil, like vegetable oil, if needed)
2 tsp / 12g pure vanilla extract
1 cup / 230g boiling coffee (do not use plastic or other materials that melt to measure, use metal or glass!)

1 1/2 cups / 405g smooth peanut butter (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups / 339g unsalted butter (at room temperature) (about 3 sticks)
1/4 cup / 57g cream cheese (at room temperature)
1 1/2 cups / 156g powdered sugar (sifted (it's fine if you don't sift don't sweat it))
1 tsp / 6g pure vanilla extract
1 tsp / 5g kosher salt

Cocoa Fudge Sauce
1 cup / 240g heavy cream (AKA heavy whipping cream)
1/2 cup / 113g unsalted butter (about 1 stick)
1 cup / 215g brown sugar (light or dark, I typically use light)
1/2 cup / 100g granulated sugar
1/2 tsp / 3g kosher salt
1 1/3 / 130g cocoa powder
2sp / 12g pure vanilla extract

Instructions
Chocolate Cake
Pre-heat the oven to 350 F (175 C). Line a 9 by 13-inch pan with parchment paper, OR two 9-inch cake rounds, OR put cupcake cups in cupcake pan. (You can also grease the pans, but parchment paper is less messy and makes the cake easier to move)

Combine the sugar, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a LARGE bowl. Use a sturdy spoon to stir them all together.

In a MEDIUM bowl, combine the eggs and sour cream with a fork, mixing until smooth. Add the oil and vanilla and use the fork to mix until they're incorporated. The mixture will be smooth and creamy.

Add the wet to the dry ingredients in the LARGE bowl and stir to combine. The batter will be VERY thick.

Add the coffee in thirds, stirring after every addition. The batter will get easier to stir as you add more liquid. Once all the coffee has been added, continue stirring until the batter is smooth and has thinned slightly with no traces of unmixed ingredients remaining.

Pour the batter into the prepared pan(s) and bake.
For 9 by 13-inch pan: 35 - 40 minutes
For two 9-inch cake rounds: 30 - 35 minutes
For cupcakes: 15 - 18 minutes

Once fully baked, it will be springy to the touch and a toothpick inserted in the middle will come out clean.

Let the cake cool completely before any trimming, assembling, or decorating.

If you have a stand mixer: fit with the paddle attachment.
You can also use a hand mixer (I haven't done so with this recipe, ymmv)
Beat together the peanut butter, butter, and cream cheese until smooth, creamy, and evenly mixed. With the mixer on low, add the powdered sugar, a bit at a time, and mix until you no longer see traces of it. Stop the mixer and scrape the bottom and sides of the bowls. Add the vanilla and salt and mix on medium until the buttercream is light and fluffy, about 2 minutes (this is what the recipe says, but it always takes a little longer for me).
Transfer the buttercream to a clean bowl, cover, and refrigerate until it's firm enough to scoop, 20-30 minutes. If you refrigerated for longer, give the buttercream time to get to a scoopable consistency before putting on the cake.

Cocoa Fudge Sauce
In a medium saucepan, combine the heavy cream, butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and stir as the butter melts. Once the contents of the pan are simmering, continue to simmer or 2 minutes. Remove the an from the heat and add the cocoa powder, whisking until smooth. Whisk in the vanilla. Transfer the sauce to a clean bowl and let cool until it's thick yet pourable and barely warm to the touch. This is important, as if the sauce is too hot it will melt the buttercream.

ASSEMBLING
Using a scoop (or a large spoon), scoop the buttercream onto the cake, flat-side down. Continue scooping in a pattern or randomly, until you've covered the cake. You will have mounds of peanut butter buttercream, or you can smooth them out (I like to make "waves" but having lines of more peanut butter).
Refrigerate the cake until the buttercream mounds are firm to the touch - about 20 minutes. Once firm, pour the fudge sauce over by starting at one end of cake and slowly pouring over the top, coating entirely. Let the cake rest until the glaze has cooled.

ALTERNATIVELY - you can put the fudge sauce on first, and then put the buttercream on top of the fudge sauce. Up to you!

The entire source code of this cake laid out, thank you for your efforts!
ImageImageImageImageImage
Finch
Pokéfreak Extraordinaire
Wales

Post by Finch »

It is once again baking time. Valentine's themed sugar cookies using pink and red sugar, or a mix of leftover sprinkles from years past. Many over baked because my mom is a freak who loves burnt cookies

ImageImageImage
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

WAHOOOOO
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)