Knitting/Crocheting!

LISTEN TO THE EARTH,. YOU CNA HEAR IT, SCREAMIGN!!!
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Re: Knitting/Crocheting!

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

cabin wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:16 pm GOUH
THE YARN GODS SMILE UPON ME
the skein I was just talking about arrived in the mail
It's not trying to get away
ImageImageImageImageImage
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

cabin wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:16 pm GOUH
THE YARN GODS SMILE UPON ME
the skein I was just talking about arrived in the mail
Yippee !
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

I finished this October 21st but I just never got around to photographing it! I don't think I'll make another sweater with yarn this bulky, the fabric is kind of unwieldy. but the colors were so pretty I had to try anyway.
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

My closet was in dire need of a warm colored cardigan so I finally got one done!!
ImageImage

next up I am going to redeem the yarn from that sweater I had to ditch, I think pairing it with a lace-weight mohair is going to soften it up a whole lot (plus I've been cardigan-pilled since moving to a place that actually has seasons, so I'm half glad I didn't finish that pullover)
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

chat I am about to try cutting a steek for the first time which involves literally cutting the knitted piece I made and hoping it doesn't all unravel and I am very scared lol wish me luck
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

cabin wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2023 2:32 pm chat I am about to try cutting a steek for the first time which involves literally cutting the knitted piece I made and hoping it doesn't all unravel and I am very scared lol wish me luck
using my psychic abilities to keep your yarns together
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

it worked!! I had to cut down the middle of this cardigan because this type of colorwork needs to be done in the round, so in order for there to be an opening down the middle I literally had to cut it open O_O;
This was my first time doing fair isle colorwork and I wasn't quite sure what I was doing tension-wise so that's why there's a little bit of puckering towards the top. I did try to keep my tension extra loose while working the color sections so it might flatten out if/when I properly block it.
I made this using yarn from that failed pullover I made and then unraveled a while back. I'm glad I did because the yarn feels so much softer being held double with some super wispy mohair; the whole thing has a halo of fluff around it. Plus I think it looks more interesting than the color block thing I had tried with this yarn before. For a "fuck I need to do something with all this yarn I wasted" project, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

cabin wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:11 pm it worked!! I had to cut down the middle of this cardigan because this type of colorwork needs to be done in the round, so in order for there to be an opening down the middle I literally had to cut it open O_O;
This was my first time doing fair isle colorwork and I wasn't quite sure what I was doing tension-wise so that's why there's a little bit of puckering towards the top. I did try to keep my tension extra loose while working the color sections so it might flatten out if/when I properly block it.
I made this using yarn from that failed pullover I made and then unraveled a while back. I'm glad I did because the yarn feels so much softer being held double with some super wispy mohair; the whole thing has a halo of fluff around it. Plus I think it looks more interesting than the color block thing I had tried with this yarn before. For a "fuck I need to do something with all this yarn I wasted" project, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out!
OH IT'S SO CUTE!!!!!!! GOOD JOB!!