Knitting/Crocheting!

LISTEN TO THE EARTH,. YOU CNA HEAR IT, SCREAMIGN!!!
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Re: Knitting/Crocheting!

Post by SkieSquiggles »

I always love seeing ur knitting adventures cabin :}
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

Another finished sweater! This project was super quick except for the fact that I kept having to buy more balls of yarn because I kept running out lol. This yarn is a mix of cashmere, wool, and polyacrylic that has sort of a mossy texture and color. The yarn was a little hard to work with because the plies pulled apart really easily but it was on steep discount and the end result is SO plush and soft. The sweater has a drop shoulder construction so it looks fucking MASSIVE when laid flat but it fits exactly how I wanted it to. Apologies for how dirty the mirror is in the second image lmao
ImageImage
I have another project fresh off the needles because I started working on it while waiting for the extra yarn for this project to arrive in the mail. I haven't woven in ends yet but it should be ready to post pretty soon :)
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

cabin wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 1:13 pm Another finished sweater! This project was super quick except for the fact that I kept having to buy more balls of yarn because I kept running out lol. This yarn is a mix of cashmere, wool, and polyacrylic that has sort of a mossy texture and color. The yarn was a little hard to work with because the plies pulled apart really easily but it was on steep discount and the end result is SO plush and soft. The sweater has a drop shoulder construction so it looks fucking MASSIVE when laid flat but it fits exactly how I wanted it to. Apologies for how dirty the mirror is in the second image lmao
Spoiler!
ImageImage
I have another project fresh off the needles because I started working on it while waiting for the extra yarn for this project to arrive in the mail. I haven't woven in ends yet but it should be ready to post pretty soon :)
Oh this piece looks really nice as part of an outfit! especially the ridged style of the borders (idk the knitting term for it)

seeing all of these posts kinda makes me want to buy or knit a cool sweater hnnggggg
ImageImageImageImageImage
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

mysteryROOSTER wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 10:11 am Oh this piece looks really nice as part of an outfit! especially the ridged style of the borders (idk the knitting term for it)

seeing all of these posts kinda makes me want to buy or knit a cool sweater hnnggggg
you were close! it's called "ribbed/ribbing" :P

I'm not sure how much knitting experience you have but this pattern is super easy, most of it is just moss stitch worked flat with no increases or decreases so you can just go without thinking. I think it'd be a pretty good project to try if this would be your first knit garment. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/librar ... e-cardigan
if you're not a fan of cardigans I think a top-down raglan pullover is also very easy once you get past the shoulders (and the shoulders aren't too hard either once you get a handle on doing M1Rs and M1Ls). There's quite a few free patterns using this construction on ravelry.

knitting clothes takes time and money so if you choose not to do it that's totally understandable, but I would like to see what you'd make if you decided to give it a try!!
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

Here's a mock-neck cropped tank top I finished two weeks ago. There's a bit of a visible ridge along the right side of the body because I switched between two skeins every row (to help blend the slight variations in color between them) and I think I needed to loosen my tension a little.
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

cabin wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 8:37 pm Here's a mock-neck cropped tank top I finished two weeks ago. There's a bit of a visible ridge along the right side of the body because I switched between two skeins every row (to help blend the slight variations in color between them) and I think I needed to loosen my tension a little.
OOOOO man I wanna wear this lmao. Always a delight to see your knitting updates :}
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

it's been a good while since my last post! I've been super busy moving & starting grad school (but I do have two half-finished sweaters, one waiting for an extra skein to ship and the other just needs to be seamed up and have a neckline added)
but until I have those projects finished... here's a little finn adventure time hat for halloween :3
this project was kind of a nightmare because I knit the whole hat and then had to unravel all of it two separate times because it kept ending up way too big. that's what I get for not checking my gauge lol. I have also learned that I hate working with chenille; even though the end result is super soft, it was shedding tufts of fiber all over the place and would get all bunched up and scraggly as I was trying to weave in my ends. I think I ended up with something worth wearing though :)
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

cabin wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:37 pm it's been a good while since my last post! I've been super busy moving & starting grad school (but I do have two half-finished sweaters, one waiting for an extra skein to ship and the other just needs to be seamed up and have a neckline added)
but until I have those projects finished... here's a little finn adventure time hat for halloween :3
this project was kind of a nightmare because I knit the whole hat and then had to unravel all of it two separate times because it kept ending up way too big. that's what I get for not checking my gauge lol. I have also learned that I hate working with chenille; even though the end result is super soft, it was shedding tufts of fiber all over the place and would get all bunched up and scraggly as I was trying to weave in my ends. I think I ended up with something worth wearing though :)
YEAHH BABYYYYYYYY
ImageImageImageImageImage
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

guess who's having to frog (aka rip apart) a whole sweater because I can't fit my head through the neckband and this is like the final straw lol
this yarn is super itchy and this pattern requires so much seaming and I'm so sick of this project lmao. I've been working on it on and off for months and I was starting to get sick of it long before I realized I can't even wear it
I still have another almost-finished sweater waiting on a skein that's coming in the mail, and I have another sweater worth of yarn that I'm excited to make into a cardigan. but sometimes we gotta take the L and move on and that's life
maybe I'll reuse the yarn for something else someday but for now it has bad energy I need to move on to something else :P
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

GOUH
THE YARN GODS SMILE UPON ME
the skein I was just talking about arrived in the mail