Pigeons

just keep posting thru it bitch
micarocks101
Bird
United States of America

Pigeons

Post by micarocks101 »

Pigeon Fact #1
The earliest recorded evidence of association between humans and pigeons is held in an ancient Mesopotamian tablet, made around 4,000 to 5,000 years ago. At the time, individuals used clay tablets to keep record of possessions and made marks by pressing thin reed stems into the soft clay. These tablets show that pioneering farmers of the area bred pigeons for food, religious ceremonies, and fertilizer in the form of their droppings. (Skidmore, 2012) However, archeological evidence shows pigeons as a source of food for humans as early as Pleistocene era (~10,000), though whether or not these pigeons were domesticated is unknown. (Shapiro & Domyan, 2013)

Mosaic from 6th century Maon Synagogue Israel; an example of ancient art depicting pigeons as domesticated animals. (Suton, 2022)

References
Skidmore, S. (2012) Pigeon history - part 1 - Lingdale Homing Society, Pigeon History - Part 1 - Lingdale Homing Society. Lingdale Homing Society. Available at: https://sites.google.com/site/lingdaleh ... eon-racing (Accessed: November 19, 2022).
Shapiro, M.D. and Domyan, E.T. (2013) “Domestic pigeons,” Current Biology, 23(8). Available at: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cub.2013.01.063.
Suton, C. (2022) Mosaic from 6th century Maon Synagogue Israel, The Royal Pigeon Racing Association | Pigeons Through History. The Royal Pigeon Racing Association. Available at: https://www.rpra.org/pigeon-history/ (Accessed: November 19, 2022).
Vultures are holy creatures
Tending to the dead
Bowing low
Bared head
Whispers to cold flesh
"Your old name is not your king
I rename you 'Everything'."
namraskoff
bitch
Australia

Re: Pigeons

Post by namraskoff »

pigeons are just like a bunch a little guys hangin out and i think thats pretty awesome
hipposhower
i've nico nico nii'd in real life
Canada

Post by hipposhower »

the only thing on my bucket list is to catch a pigeon with my bare hands and im not joking people have seen me chasing pigeons on the street
Image Image
namraskoff
bitch
Australia

Post by namraskoff »

hipposhower wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:48 pm the only thing on my bucket list is to catch a pigeon with my bare hands and im not joking people have seen me chasing pigeons on the street
truly a noble goal, i wish you the best in this endeavor o7
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

Pigeons are so cool, I'd love to raise them someday in the far future.
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
micarocks101
Bird
United States of America

Post by micarocks101 »

Pondering my porb

Vultures are holy creatures
Tending to the dead
Bowing low
Bared head
Whispers to cold flesh
"Your old name is not your king