FreakBoards Official "poast c00l games" Thread

Talk about games! Anyone can play these games. We're about to release new games (and you'll love these games)
admin
"And so it was, in the 22nd Century. The Age of the Machine."
Australia

FreakBoards Official "poast c00l games" Thread

Post by admin »

Welcome to the official thread to post c00l games that ppl might not know about!! Can be released or still in development

Starting this off with Aero GPX, which just finished up their kickstarter campaign. Very blatantly F-Zero X-inspired game with a sleek look to it and more of a focus on ship-to-ship combat

mememixtape
Please scream as loudly as possible before replying (she/her)
India

Re: FreakBoards Official "poast c00l games" Thread

Post by mememixtape »

^ Image responsible for the January 12th, 2023 Incident ^

goblinoidguy
gay

Post by goblinoidguy »

Rain World is a survival platformer made by VIdeocult, it released march 2017 and is getting DLC a whole 5 years later called "Downpour" very soon! with heavy emphasis on procedual animationm, you have to survive the very hostile ecosystem full of creatures you can eat and that try to eat you while slumbering in between the torrential downpours of rain!
Image ImageImage
Cuboid64
You can say anything you want online, o poster mine.
Brazil

Post by Cuboid64 »

Little Big Adventure (no relation to Planet) is a game I have never played but only seen, but if i ever made a full-featured game it would be extremely inspirational towards it
It's an isometric action-adventure where you're a little guy (Twinsen) fighting and leading a resistance against a dictator and it is EXTREMELY endearing from the look to the voice acting to the whole world
Junkbot3000
Catgirl wizard allmighty

Post by Junkbot3000 »

i've been playing mother fucking "Dark and Daker"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this game fucking owns. It's a "PvPvE" game like the game Escape From Tarkov, meaning it has a battleroyal style game play loop but with enemy NPCs and you keep whats in your inventory if you win and can stash it for later. But it's set in a fantasy dungeon! And you use swords and bows and spells instead of guns and your hunting for treasure!
I head of this game through a Robbystream i think and i looked it up and gave it a shot and fell in love.
The environment of a D&D dungeon makes the shrinking battleroyal circle really really engaging, you are constantly interacting with the environment as much as you are other players. Fights are rarely as simple as fighting in a big open field or in a simple building, there are always tight walls, spike traps, swinging axe pendulums, secret passageways and hidey holes, or even skeletons and mimics you have to fight at the same time. those things also make the lulls in action where you are searching for loot and treasure more engaging and interesting.
The combat is also a lot slower pace than other battleroyals, you have a slower walking pace and the swings of your weapons are long and heavy. When other players are nearby is also well telegraphed as you can very clearly hear footsteps in the quite dungeon. this might sound like a bad thing but its honestly very refreshing to me, and makes the game more chill and accessible.
if you couldn't tell by the paragraphs of text i really recommend this game, its next open playtest is DEC 16-23!
ImageImageImage
She/They/it 8-)
stinky_lizard
#1 ROBBYDUDE EMPLOYEE
United States of America

Post by stinky_lizard »

Dwarf Fortress (yes, THAT Dwarf Fortress - the one in the MOMA) is getting a Steam release on Dec 6, with actual graphics, a usable UI, and a tutorial! I highly recommend checking it out!

Here's the Steam release:

There's also the free version - the main one for the past 20 years - which will also get the UI & tutorial updates, but won't have graphics. However, there are graphics packs for the free version that make it bearable to look at!

Here's a repackage for the free version with some quality of life mods and graphics: https://www.dwarffortresswiki.org/index ... _Newb_Pack
Scratch
dog
United States of America

Post by Scratch »

yahaoo ! !

barroo
hey
Bhutan

Post by barroo »

not 2 be gay or whatever but