Comfort Media

Welcome to the first episode of my new podcast,. Today we will dicuss the latest in movies and anime, hbo max, prestige tv, sienfeld on tv must see tv, out now, discuss comics books, words books, picture books, new cohost books. We klove books and television, discuss books and television. Anime
sydsavage16
100% Trans Fat
United States of America

Comfort Media

Post by sydsavage16 »

To all my freaks that play the same song/album/video/tv show/game/movie over and over and over and over, what the heck are you enjoying that scratches your brain good?

-My list-
Music: Stardew Valley Soundtrack Cassette tape (wearing out the tape is a real fear), Mystery Skulls album “Ultra Rare”
Videos: YouTube series “Fake Documentary Q”; YouTube chef “Kimagure Cook”
Games: Rimworld, Stardew Valley
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Re: Comfort Media

Post by SkieSquiggles »

OOOh this is a great thread idea!

Music: Everything by Mike Krol, everything by The Mechanisms, the Hyper Light Drifter soundtrack, a lot of Mountain Goats stuff, "CUTIEMARKS" by Vylet Pony

Videos: Ethoslab's TerraFirmaPunk series', a lot of stuff from Jacob Geller, Liars Club, Run Button's Myst/Riven/Myst 3/URU playthrough

Shows: Adventure Time, Steven Universe (I am aware of how this makes me look), The Owl House

Podcasts: FRIENDS AT THE TABLE BABY NOBODY DOES IT QUITE LIKE THEM YEAH BABYY

Games: Minecraft, Hyper Light Drifter, Spore, STARGUY IV, RimWorld

I feel like I should have more comfort shows and videos but like. tbh I'm not really a re-watch/re-reader. It is what it is I suppose
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

Awesome idea for a thread. Here are some of my favorites:

TV Shows: Ducktales (2017), Gravity Falls, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Adventure Time
Friendship is Magic absolutely shaped my childhood in so many ways, being my first real fandom and also a big part of the way I learned how to draw :]
And I still get chills when I go back and re-watch some episodes of Gravity Falls, a masterpiece of a show and real nostalgic. But Adventure Time is so fucking unique, from the art style, to the vibes, to the range of topics covered, that it feels like there will never be another cartoon like it. The dialogue style of characters, even deities, is just so human, even existentially contemplative at times, but in a way that's really accessible and relatable. Absolutely changed my life.

Movies: Into the Spider-Verse and Across the Spider-Verse

Re-watched the first one many times over the years, and upon finishing Spider-Verse 2 for the first time a week ago, the first fucking thing I did afterwards was watch the whole thing again(and then some scenes I watched like 10 times). Both of them make me completely rethink what kind of animation techniques are even POSSIBLE, genuinely. And both of them (especially the 2nd) were so fucking good narratively that I started forming complex media analysis of them while/after watching. I saw only the 1st one in theaters (back in 2018), and genuinely- [!!character spoilers for both movies!!]
Spoiler!
female Doc Ock was responsible for making me realize I could be attracted to women...then in the sequel I of course got a huge crush on The Spot. Villains are just my type, lol.

Games: Ultrakill, Spore, Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Portal 2, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2

Ultrakill is easily my favorite video game of the past 10 years, and I've been playing Spore since my single-digit ages, but those last 2 are the most nostalgic. The look and atmosphere of Portal 2 will always have a VERY special place in my heart. That game built me.

Music: TONS OF 2010s Vocaloid songs, also View Monster, Spirit Phone, just Lemon Demon in general
I was a Vocaloid Kid and honestly, I still am at heart. The anthem of my grade school years. As for Lemon Demon, it would be a fool's errand to try and fully verbalize how these albums make me feel and what almost-lost emotional vaults they unlock in me, so I'll give it only 1 more sentence: It turns out my childhood feelings of being alive and real, and the old world that I experienced along with those feelings, are actually not dead after all.
ImageImageImageImageImage
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

SkieSquiggles wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:30 pm Games: Minecraft, Hyper Light Drifter, Spore, STARGUY IV, RimWorld
Shaking your hand shaking your hand about Spore so hard. Also Minecraft and Hyper Light Drifter but mostly Spore holy shit
ImageImageImageImageImage
sydsavage16
100% Trans Fat
United States of America

Post by sydsavage16 »

SkieSquiggles wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:30 pm OOOh this is a great thread idea!

Music: Everything by Mike Krol, everything by The Mechanisms, the Hyper Light Drifter soundtrack, a lot of Mountain Goats stuff, "CUTIEMARKS" by Vylet Pony

Videos: Ethoslab's TerraFirmaPunk series', a lot of stuff from Jacob Geller, Liars Club, Run Button's Myst/Riven/Myst 3/URU playthrough

Shows: Adventure Time, Steven Universe (I am aware of how this makes me look), The Owl House

Podcasts: FRIENDS AT THE TABLE BABY NOBODY DOES IT QUITE LIKE THEM YEAH BABYY

Games: Minecraft, Hyper Light Drifter, Spore, STARGUY IV, RimWorld

I feel like I should have more comfort shows and videos but like. tbh I'm not really a re-watch/re-reader. It is what it is I suppose
I agree with the show thing. It’s hard for me to commit to rewatching shows bc the shows I usually like are plot heavy. The only shows I’ll rewatch until I die are cooking competition shows. I’ll watch the same damn episode of Chopped 10 times, I truly don’t give a fuck.

I don’t usually reread books unless they’re comics or I am deeply obsessed with a story and I want to dissect it like science class.

Also, hello fellow Rimworld enjoyer. What’s your favorite mod
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

sydsavage16 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:38 pm Also, hello fellow Rimworld enjoyer. What’s your favorite mod
man I have so many I couldn't possibly tell. I guesss my favorite large content mod is Dubs Bad Hygiene, favorite gameplay mod is Simple Sidearms, and favorite misc mod is probably Windows? I guess? At this point they've congealed into one big RimWorld Experience for me
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
sydsavage16
100% Trans Fat
United States of America

Post by sydsavage16 »

SkieSquiggles wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 7:02 pm
sydsavage16 wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 7:38 pm Also, hello fellow Rimworld enjoyer. What’s your favorite mod
man I have so many I couldn't possibly tell. I guesss my favorite large content mod is Dubs Bad Hygiene, favorite gameplay mod is Simple Sidearms, and favorite misc mod is probably Windows? I guess? At this point they've congealed into one big RimWorld Experience for me
God, same. Sometimes I forget that Pokémon aren’t actually in the game, those are modded in for me
bigrickystyle
gay
United States of America

Post by bigrickystyle »

https://blancheblancheblanche.bandcamp. ... roof-bbb-3

this has been my default album for this year, when i dont have anything else to put on it's really reliable. lots of difficult attention grabbing stuff but it never feels hostile, always gives back what i put into it.

i put on Buddy Thunderstruck when i need something to watch that isn't youtube or a movie. it's a netflix kid show made by the studio that did Robot Chicken. the men rarely get punished for doing cute dumb boy stuff, and when they do, it leads into the episode's low stakes conflict. it sets my brain in a good space where i'm thinking about nothing except for men but not in, like, a nasty way.
"what have i become my sweetest friend? everyone i know goes away in the end."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLYD5BdNd90
pennypeachy
cheap noob,im sorry but u sux and im gonna kick ur ass
United States of America

Post by pennypeachy »

SkieSquiggles wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:30 pm everything by The Mechanisms,
holy shit based mechanisms listener
ImageImageImage
pennypeachy
cheap noob,im sorry but u sux and im gonna kick ur ass
United States of America

Post by pennypeachy »

music: Humanz by gorillas, Riot! by Paramore, CUTIEMARKS bt Vylet pony, Pure Herione by Lorde, any of Bastilles first couple albums

tv:breaking bad/better call saul, always sunny, and bobs burgers are all shows that ill routinely put on loop in the background of whatever im doing

games: minecraft, terraria, grounded, fallout 4, and binding of isaac are all games i know i will always come back around to replaying someday. i really enjoy games that have exploration/building gameplay loops, especially if they have some kind of town/settlement system i can oversee
ImageImageImage