Horror movies! Ah!

Welcome to the first episode of my new podcast,. Today we will dicuss the latest in movies and anime, hbo max, prestige tv, sienfeld on tv must see tv, out now, discuss comics books, words books, picture books, new cohost books. We klove books and television, discuss books and television. Anime
BubblyBatty
FreakBoards #1 Chumbawamba fan
United States of America

Horror movies! Ah!

Post by BubblyBatty »

Hi i watch too many horror movies and want to talk about them smiles. Talk scary with me

My favorites are Suspiria (1977), Zombie movies in general (Especially Romero's movies), Cure (1997) and im getting really into Giallo films as of late
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

Re: Horror movies! Ah!

Post by SlothfulSpectre »

best horror movie
BubblyBatty
United States of America

Post by BubblyBatty »

SlothfulSpectre wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:19 am best horror movie
Fucking THANG!!!
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

What actual takes do I have about horror movies

Jordan Peele loves to license a song and slow it down to make it scary and he's so right it fucks every time
BubblyBatty
United States of America

Post by BubblyBatty »

I've been watching Dario Argento's Giallo films as of late. I've seen the animals trilogy which is The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, Cat O' Ninetails and Four Flies on Grey Velvet and i've seen Deep Red. Deep Red is my favorite so far, its like Really Good, its got some really good shots in it and it was really fun unraveling the mystery along side the characters. The Bird with the Crystal Plumage is a close second, its the one that had me the most scared of them and it just has a vibe thats really hard to explain that i like a lot. The other two are a mixed bag, i like Four Flies more than Cat, the intro sequence of Four Flies in particular is really good but Cat O' Nine Tails has a really fun core duo. Dario Argento really like to include queer characters in some shape or form in his movies and its... interesting. I get the feeling that he's not like trying to make fun of or demonize queer people but they often fall into stereotypes. It wasn't like super offensive its just like "Huh" moments. Much better than it could've gone with 70s movies though!
Im really enjoying my dive into the genre. If you're interested i recommend doing a little research into what giallo entails because a lot of them are like exploitation movies and that's not every ones thing. ALTHOUGH so far Dario Argento's movies have focused much less on the exploitation side and much more on the murder mystery side which is nice. At the very least i recommend Deep Red and The Bird With The Crystal Plumage because they're just good movies.
Fastplant64
Actual Wizard
United States of America

Post by Fastplant64 »

BubblyBatty wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:42 pm I've been watching Dario Argento's Giallo films as of late. I've seen the animals trilogy which is The Bird with the Crystal Plumage, Cat O' Ninetails and Four Flies on Grey Velvet and i've seen Deep Red. Deep Red is my favorite so far, its like Really Good, its got some really good shots in it and it was really fun unraveling the mystery along side the characters. The Bird with the Crystal Plumage is a close second, its the one that had me the most scared of them and it just has a vibe thats really hard to explain that i like a lot. The other two are a mixed bag, i like Four Flies more than Cat, the intro sequence of Four Flies in particular is really good but Cat O' Nine Tails has a really fun core duo. Dario Argento really like to include queer characters in some shape or form in his movies and its... interesting. I get the feeling that he's not like trying to make fun of or demonize queer people but they often fall into stereotypes. It wasn't like super offensive its just like "Huh" moments. Much better than it could've gone with 70s movies though!
Im really enjoying my dive into the genre. If you're interested i recommend doing a little research into what giallo entails because a lot of them are like exploitation movies and that's not every ones thing. ALTHOUGH so far Dario Argento's movies have focused much less on the exploitation side and much more on the murder mystery side which is nice. At the very least i recommend Deep Red and The Bird With The Crystal Plumage because they're just good movies.
I watched Deep Red last summer and I agree, it fucking slaps. The only other Argento I've seen is Phenomena (which is so wild that I cannot help but love it) and I will need to crack into more of his filmography, as well as some more Giallo films. It's a great genre of horror that I just don't see discussed enough.
Fastplant64
Actual Wizard
United States of America

Post by Fastplant64 »

SlothfulSpectre wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 9:19 am best horror movie

DAS DING!!!
Last edited by Fastplant64 on Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BubblyBatty
United States of America

Post by BubblyBatty »

Fastplant64 wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:25 am

I watched Deep Red last summer and I agree, it fucking slaps. The only other Argento I've seen is Phenomena (which is so wild that I cannot help but love it) and I will need to crack into more of his filmography, as well as some more Giallo films. It's a great genre of horror that I just don't see discussed enough.
I really recommend the original 1977 Suspira! Not Giallo but still one of Argento's best
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

Suspiria is the Italian one about the dancing school right? I thought it was pretty cool visually
BubblyBatty
United States of America

Post by BubblyBatty »

SlothfulSpectre wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:45 pm Suspiria is the Italian one about the dancing school right? I thought it was pretty cool visually
Yeah!