Anime Disscussion!!!

Welcome to the first episode of my new podcast,. Today we will dicuss the latest in movies and anime, hbo max, prestige tv, sienfeld on tv must see tv, out now, discuss comics books, words books, picture books, new cohost books. We klove books and television, discuss books and television. Anime
MAWKIISH_SEASON2
level 49
United States of America

Anime Disscussion!!!

Post by MAWKIISH_SEASON2 »

i thought the general lack of a anime thread was off.
anyway, POST ABOUT ANIME YOUVE BEEN WATCHING or just anime in general!!! have fun!!
Last edited by MAWKIISH_SEASON2 on Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pea_txt
Moderator of the Cinema & TV subforum
Monaco

Re: Anime Disscussion!!!

Post by pea_txt »

i WAS watching 6 anime from this season (most ive ever attempted to follow in one season)

however i started falling off because SCHOOL! and sumo.

pop team epic surprised me and had me in stitches at some point. very good s2
Scratch
dog
United States of America

Post by Scratch »

"kaiba" is my favorite one
Scratch
dog
United States of America

Post by Scratch »

and btw I am currently rewatching dorohedoro for the 4th or 5th time :> again, not the perfect adaptation, but the call backs to the original 2016 soundtrack, the voice cast sounding exactly how i imagined them in my head, and the unstoppable backgrounds are huge points to me.

(shes examining a copy of the original 2016 soundtrack^)
nonexistentPumpkin
Backroad Light
United States of America

Post by nonexistentPumpkin »

This is between seasons at least in terms of dubbing, but one of my favorite anime recently has been Fire Force!

It's about a world ravaged by a magic inferno 100 years prior to when the show is set, the fallout introducing pyrokinetic abilities in humans as well as making spontaneous human combustion turn people into infernals, beings who are constantly on fire, composed almost entirely of charcoal, and in constant pain. It plays this completely straight, the special fire companies specifically for dealing with infernals never lose sight of the reality of what they're doing, that the infernals they're dealing with were someone's family up until 5 minutes ago. It also deals with themes of faith, as there is a religious element to the special fire companies, but it is most often talked about in the context of community and comfort, faith as something with personal significance rather than any objective meaning. It's really interesting but it does require a decently high tolerance for bad anime tropes regarding girls, there's a character who trips and loses all her clothes or ends up in compromising positions. There's only one character who's weird about it and he's kind of a joke character who's only in two episodes, everyone else in-universe is as upset about it as the audience is, though there is still the fact real human beings had to draw these things happening. These things happening to the character is set up to be a sort of subversion of "fanservice" tropes, but with the art still being what it is and them taking until like the end of season... 3 I think? To get to this, I wouldn't ask anyone who's grossed out by it to stick with it just on the basis the intention reads as subversive to me.

...I was also gonna talk about Dr. Stone and Demon Slayer, but I went on WAY too long about Fire Force.
spritesepsis
girl malewife
United States of America

Post by spritesepsis »

i am ENJOYING mob psycho season 3
ImageImageImage
perpetuaReality
ULTRARARE ★★★★★★
Argentina

Post by perpetuaReality »

Auuguhuhuhouvohuhougoh
I've been watching Yakuza 8 this season. It's pretty good I thoroughly recommend it
(Akiba Maid War. Available in HiDIVE and I think Crunchyroll in America)
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

Post by SlothfulSpectre »

Pop Team Epic S2 pretty good, I love girl yaoi
pea_txt
Moderator of the Cinema & TV subforum
Monaco

Post by pea_txt »

akiba maid war looks fucking insane