Podcast Discussion/Recomendations

Welcome to the first episode of my new podcast,. Today we will dicuss the latest in movies and anime, hbo max, prestige tv, sienfeld on tv must see tv, out now, discuss comics books, words books, picture books, new cohost books. We klove books and television, discuss books and television. Anime
Marchen
He/Him I have no idea what I'm doing
Nepal

Podcast Discussion/Recomendations

Post by Marchen »

Talk about podcasts you love/think others should listen to. I'll start with one of my favorites, a new one from some pretty much unknown podcasters I've been following for like 5 years now called No Substitutions Please
Two experienced home cooks talk about dishes they love, then just clown on idiots in the comments sections of recipe blogs. You know, the type of comments like "I used honey instead of sugar in the recipe, and replaced the baking powder with salt and the recipe turned out shitty??? This is a bad recipe!" That sort of shit. It's really enjoyable. I'd also reccomend the other podcasts from this general group of people, Hack the Net, Creepy Podsta, and Someone's PC.
I am just this guy, You know?
goblinoidguy
gay

Re: Podcast Discussion/Recomendations

Post by goblinoidguy »

i've been listening to "Behind the Bastards" for a year or so now and i heartily recommend it if you like learning about horrible people's horrible actions. its not true crime, and its main host is funny and also politically literate so you dont have to worry about that. they have on guests for every topic so that theres banter and its not just a guy reading horrid facts by himself. They also hate cops and facists, i believe the host robert evans had his hand broken by a proud boy during the 2020 protests. overall a great education/comedy podcast to learn about the worlds history of bastards
Image ImageImage
Fastplant64
Actual Wizard
United States of America

Post by Fastplant64 »

If anybody needs a film podcast, my go-to for three years now has been Blank Check. They cover entire filmographies of famous and not-so-famous film directors and they are about to start a miniseries on Henry Selick. I highly recommend their episodes on the films of Sam Raimi if you need somewhere to start (and if you love Evil Dead and Spider-Man as much as I do).

ImageImage
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

I consider myself a Podcast Enjoyer but I honestly only have One Big Recommendation and a few others that aren't any worse but are less important to me.

Friends at the Table
One of the first things that I like to say about friends at the table is that it made me cry, which for me is a positive thing because media doesn't make me cry that often. The second thing I like to say is that it radicalized me.
Friends at the Table is an Actual-Play podcast about Critical World building, fun characterization, and fun interaction between good friends. They tell really impactful and interesting stories through playing ttrpgs in a way that I hadn't really encountered before or anywhere else. They've completed 7 seasons: 3 are a continuous fantasy story about the end of a world and the creation of a new one, 3 are set in a futuristic setting with machine gods and space empires, and 1 is a weird west story of a cursed land and the people who live in it. They're currently working on the fourth season in their scifi world called PALISADE.
If you start at the very beginning just know that the microphone quality increases quite a bit after the first few episodes.

And now my other recommendations in no particular order:
  • Game Studies Study Buddies:
    The hosts Cameron Kunzelman and Micheal Lutz read a book on the academic feild of game studies (or adjacent to it) and talk about it.
  • We Were Hit By A Horse Truck and Got Isekai'd Into Equestria?:
    Hosts Graceful Spark and Spilled Beans get isekai'd into the land of Equestria (and talk about episodes of MLP).
  • Homestuck Made this World:
    Cameron Kunzelman and Michael Lutz read Homestuck and talk about it in 13 short episodes(sort of)
  • Voyenture Time:
    A group of four friends watch an episode of Star Trek Voyager and two episodes of Adventure time, talk about what they watched, and do their best to draw connections between the episodes.
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
pea_txt
Moderator of the Cinema & TV subforum
Monaco

Post by pea_txt »

if you're ever hungering for a bit of history, the China History Podcast is a neat agglomeration of everything china and what has happened there over the ages. its creator, Laszlo Montgomery, had a 10 parter on the history of tea in china and that was an extremely interesting listen.
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

POST MORE CASTS IN HERE Y'ALL
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

Friends at the Table is doing their latest season in the cycle of their sci-fi stories, and hooo boy it's really good! This one is building very heavily off of the events of the previous three seasons, so it's not a good place to jump in for the first time. However, their previous season PARTIZAN doesn't require previous knowledge of the setting, and starting there has the added benefit of being one of the best seasons of the show they've ever made!

So far PALISADE (the newest season) has already met and far exceeded ny expectations, and I'm extremely thrilled to see what they have in store next.
DJchalkzone
helscome my forum profile. its not done
Canada

Post by DJchalkzone »

(WARNING: CAPESHIT)

batman unburied is a lot of fun. i even got my dad who grew up with cheesy radio serials into it. winston duke.