Knitting/Crocheting!

LISTEN TO THE EARTH,. YOU CNA HEAR IT, SCREAMIGN!!!
cabin
ultra gay

Re: Knitting/Crocheting!

Post by cabin »

SkieSquiggles wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:35 am
cabin wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:13 pm I finished a birthday/christmas present for my mom!! I'm really happy with how this turned out, this is the first sweater I've ever finished that was actually the size I wanted it to be.
Spoiler!
I love the yarn(?) that you used! Great colors.
This sweater was made with Malabrigo Sock yarn in the color Abril! It's superwash merino wool which means it can withstand a washing machine. Malabrigo makes SUCH pretty yarn and I've bought from them multiple times, although their colors can be a little inconsistent between what's shown online v.s. what you get and also between different skeins.
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

cabin wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:13 pm
SkieSquiggles wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 10:35 am
cabin wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:13 pm I finished a birthday/christmas present for my mom!! I'm really happy with how this turned out, this is the first sweater I've ever finished that was actually the size I wanted it to be.
Spoiler!
I love the yarn(?) that you used! Great colors.
This sweater was made with Malabrigo Sock yarn in the color Abril! It's superwash merino wool which means it can withstand a washing machine. Malabrigo makes SUCH pretty yarn and I've bought from them multiple times, although their colors can be a little inconsistent between what's shown online v.s. what you get and also between different skeins.
Oh shit I have a merino wool sweater! That's real neat.
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

My second sweater this month! This time it's for me :) I was lucky enough to catch this yarn on a steep discount, it's a japanese cotton and silk mix with beautiful color variation that makes for a very comfy sweater.
Spoiler!
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

BROOOOO I just found a treasure trove of free knitting patterns that date back all the way to 1980!!! this shit rules!
https://www.garnstudio.com/home.php
(edit: they also have crochet patterns for people who do that!)
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

been a while since I updated here so I'm adding a bit of a throwback: the first sweater I ever made! the neckband is way way too big but I'm still happy with it :o)
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

cabin wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:04 pm been a while since I updated here so I'm adding a bit of a throwback: the first sweater I ever made! the neckband is way way too big but I'm still happy with it :o)
GRADIENT!! GRADIENT GRADIENT GRADIENT <3
ImageImageImageImageImage
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

New sweater I just finished today!!! I've had this yarn sitting in my stash for years so I'm glad to finally do something with it. It is so fucking soft and lightweight. Also shout out to this sweater pattern for including instructions for people with flat chests, it is SO hard it is to find a good sweater pattern that doesn't determine overall clothing size by bust size, resulting in either the chest being too big or the hips and shoulders being too small. The level of customization it accounts for is really uncommon and super helpful. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/soda-pop-top
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

cabin wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 5:21 pm New sweater I just finished today!!! I've had this yarn sitting in my stash for years so I'm glad to finally do something with it. It is so fucking soft and lightweight. Also shout out to this sweater pattern for including instructions for people with flat chests, it is SO hard it is to find a good sweater pattern that doesn't determine overall clothing size by bust size, resulting in either the chest being too big or the hips and shoulders being too small. The level of customization it accounts for is really uncommon and super helpful. https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/soda-pop-top
It looks great!
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

time for my least favorite part of finishing a project...... weaving in loose ends. I should really learn how to weave in ends while working instead of saving it all for last
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

cabin wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 8:43 pm time for my least favorite part of finishing a project...... weaving in loose ends. I should really learn how to weave in ends while working instead of saving it all for last
I haven't posted in here for so long because I still haven't finished this project, I hate weaving in ends so much. but I also won't let myself start a new big project until I've finished the old one, so I've just been sitting around doing nothing lmao