Wii appreciation thread

Talk about games! Anyone can play these games. We're about to release new games (and you'll love these games)
Arlisbloxer05
FreakBoards #1 3DS Theme Maker
Canada

Wii appreciation thread

Post by Arlisbloxer05 »

Welcome to the obligatory Wii appreciation thread, I'll kick us off with my favorite game.

Out of all the games I played on my Wii, the one I had the most hours clocked in was Monster Hunter Tri. (AKA MH3) Not only was it my first Monster Hunter game, but it was also the first game I TRULY played online. Lemme tell ya, it was fun. But when the time came on April 30th 2013 for the servers to go offline, I was understandably saddened. Fast forward 8 years and several failed attempts to make new servers later and 3 dudes finally figured out how to get it up and running. To say I didn't fucking lose my shit when I saw the online mode working again after so long would be an understatement.

Here's some footage a friend of mine took of us playing on the new servers.

spritesepsis
girl malewife
United States of America

Re: Wii appreciation thread

Post by spritesepsis »

i have HUGE nostalgia for endless ocean. scuba diving and exploring and petting fish and such. theres a function too where if you have audio saved on an sd card you can play it in the game. if i could pick any game to get a switch remake. two joycons w the switch docked so you keep the motion controls... nicer graphics... endless ocean hd remake nintendo please im on my knees
ImageImageImage
Fastplant64
Actual Wizard
United States of America

Post by Fastplant64 »

Far from my favorite Wii game, but I have a weird appreciation for Epic Mickey. I never beat it (I don’t even think I got close) and the gameplay became stale after a while with little effort to keep things fresh, but the concept is one of the coolest things I’ve seen that evil corporation do. Taking their beloved mouse and throwing him into a world of their forgotten characters is right up my alley and you even get to play through actual Mickey Mouse cartoons! If the execution was better I’m sure we would still be talking about it to this day.
ROBBYDUDE
I BLADE YOU FOREWELL
Italy

Post by ROBBYDUDE »

Fastplant64 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:42 pm Far from my favorite Wii game, but I have a weird appreciation for Epic Mickey. I never beat it (I don’t even think I got close) and the gameplay became stale after a while with little effort to keep things fresh, but the concept is one of the coolest things I’ve seen that evil corporation do. Taking their beloved mouse and throwing him into a world of their forgotten characters is right up my alley and you even get to play through actual Mickey Mouse cartoons! If the execution was better I’m sure we would still be talking about it to this day.
first game i ever personally got the collectors edition for. i still have the figure around somewhere but its all busted up now lmao

|^^^^^^^^^^^^| ,,
| SEXY TRUCK | '|""";.||.___.
|_..._...______==== _|__|..., ] |
"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)
nerdbaron
gay
United States of America

Post by nerdbaron »

I have a soft spot in my heart for the Wiiware demos. They gave me a wide number of experiences without even spending a dime. Chick chick boom, lead the meerkats, and so on, i have so much nostalgia for these games and i haven't technically even actually played them.
"Inspirational Quote" -Inspirational Figure
Mak-Etcetera
✦{Waiting for DELTARUNE}✦
Italy

Post by Mak-Etcetera »

Image boom blox haunts my soul
ImageImageImageImageImage
DJchalkzone
helscome my forum profile. its not done
Canada

Post by DJchalkzone »

i only wanted one for madworld. they gotta re release that like with nmh 1/2 dude
Fastplant64
Actual Wizard
United States of America

Post by Fastplant64 »

ROBBYDUDE wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:07 am first game i ever personally got the collectors edition for. i still have the figure around somewhere but its all busted up now lmao
I'm kicking myself now because my local Walmart had an unsold epic mickey collectors edition on the bottom shelf for like five years and I never bought it. :x :x :x
ROBBYDUDE
I BLADE YOU FOREWELL
Italy

Post by ROBBYDUDE »

Mak-Etcetera wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:38 am boom blox haunts my soul
A STEVEN SPIELBERG GAME

|^^^^^^^^^^^^| ,,
| SEXY TRUCK | '|""";.||.___.
|_..._...______==== _|__|..., ] |
"(@ )'(@ )""""*|(@ )(@ )*****(@)
hime