RANDAYO CHALLENGE (RDYC) SEASON ONE: SUPER MARIO 64

Talk about games! Anyone can play these games. We're about to release new games (and you'll love these games)
dayo
homosex
Virgin Islands (USA)

RANDAYO CHALLENGE (RDYC) SEASON ONE: SUPER MARIO 64

Post by dayo »

greetings warriors. I would like to introduce you to the latest and gr8est concept on freakboards. the RANDAYO CHALLENGE thread.

What Is The Randayo Challenge? (RDYC)
I would like the warriors of these lands to play a specific random game, rotating in a seasonal fashion, possibly quarterly since it is the first Friday of the quarter so I might just go with that. There are a lot of shorter-term threads than this so I thought going with a longer term format might be a good idea.

Randomizers are known for having a large breadth of settings. I encourage everyone to use the settings they are comfortable with, however if you do some sick shit I will be impressed with it. Unfortunately, at this time I have nothing but glory to offer you. I may come up with some kind of neat reward before the end of the season though.

What Game Are We Going To Play?
In the interest of keeping it simple we are going to start off with Super Mario 64. The randomizer for this game is very indepth and will serve as a good baseline for the things I want to see from these threads.

It can be downloaded from here https://romhacking.com/hack/sm64-randomizer please follow the getting started guide on this website to figure out how to play it. Make sure you're using the latest version as well.

Good luck warriors.
truly... i am the gr8 one
dayo
homosex
Virgin Islands (USA)

Re: RANDAYO CHALLENGE (RDYC) SEASON ONE: SUPER MARIO 64

Post by dayo »

Image lol
dayo
homosex
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by dayo »

if you get any stars with green devil on you are the best gamer
pea_txt
Moderator of the Cinema & TV subforum
Monaco

Post by pea_txt »

i have styled on bowser

dayo
homosex
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by dayo »

bowser in the ice world + ridiculous red star placement. its funny how much mario 64 levels live and breathe by their skyboxes.
he is inevitable
i did it btw
VentusVulture
gayass animal
Wales

Post by VentusVulture »

Just finished! This was a pretty neat concept for a randomizer. It is also... the first time I have beaten mario 64 ever. So I guess that speaks to its beginner-friendliness! I ended up randomizing a lot of stuff, and setting Final Bowser entrance to 70 stars (which I ended up regretting a little...) But in general, the randomized star locations made for a really unique randomization experience, with a much higher amount of replayability than I expected from a game like Mario 64. My seed ended up being kind of difficult near the beginning, with pretty much all but three or four worlds being gated past TWENTY stars. And those worlds were late game ones that I wasn't experienced with so I ended up having trouble with them. After getting past that it was pretty smooth sailing. I did have a few qualms with the randomizer, though, namely that some star locations were literally impossible to get (see screenshots below), and that exiting courses still has a life penalty, which is a problem considering how integral level entrances are to the entire randomizer. Most of my other issues were with base game Mario 64, though – the randomizer kind of helped highlight them too, namely that I hate walljumping and the camera does not work in the slightest in this game. But anyways here were a few highlights from my playthrough!
(Funny red star location in the middle of the damn skybox)

(King Bob-Omb off the shits just strolling around)

(Literally impossible to get red coin in Thwomp's)

(Beating Bowser!)

My settings seed was 93038 and my seed in general was 03451. Overall a pretty fun randomizer, looking forward to next randomizer whenever that happens!
dayo
homosex
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by dayo »

thank you for participating my friend. I also got a kick out of king bob-omb just being wherever.
pea_txt
Moderator of the Cinema & TV subforum
Monaco

Post by pea_txt »

dabbing for the 20 star green demon challenge

dayo
homosex
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by dayo »

new season starts 7/7, get your plays in now.
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

Oh shit that's my birthday
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)