Physical Activity And Exercise

just keep posting thru it bitch
micarocks101
Bird
United States of America

Physical Activity And Exercise

Post by micarocks101 »

Thought it would be nice to have a spot to share when I get myself to exercise. Really it's just a nice little thread to keep myself on track and maybe talk to others about their favorite exercises as well. Feel free to chat and express solidarity with others who are working out, but I don't think posting body pictures would be a good idea. Set up pictures are fine! (:
Vultures are holy creatures
Tending to the dead
Bowing low
Bared head
Whispers to cold flesh
"Your old name is not your king
I rename you 'Everything'."
micarocks101
Bird
United States of America

Re: Physical Activity And Exercise

Post by micarocks101 »

For me, I've realized that my body holds onto weight like a European peasant in the dead of winter, and I've learned to be alright with that and how my body looks. So working out is more about building strength and cardiovascular health (cardiovascular issues run in the family, so I'm hoping taking steps early will help me avoid that in the future).
Obviously, cardio stuff is best for this - but I had exercise induced asthma as a kid, and as a result am kinda terrified of cardio. I know it's probably less effective, but I've been sticking to strength exercises. I mostly do body weight stuff, the only items I use are a yoga mat and a stretchy exercise band.

Here's the routine:
2 rounds of 15 reps each
-Push-ups
-Lunges
-Bicep curls
-Squats
-Tricep curls
-Lateral lunges
-Overhead fly
-Side lying leg lifts
-Lower abs (6 inches off mat)
-Glute bridges
-Crunches

I originally learned it as 3 rounds of 15 reps, but since I'm just getting back into it after not exercising for so long I'm keeping it to 2 rounds. It usually takes maybe 45 minutes, and when I was really consistent, I was trying to do the routine three times a week. Hopefully I can get back to that.
Tending to the dead
Bowing low
Bared head
Whispers to cold flesh
Finch
Pokéfreak Extraordinaire
Wales

Post by Finch »

When I don't have a ton of time but really need to burn energy/tire myself out I do stairs. I do 10 times going up, 10 down, then a couple of arm exercises between (usually a curl + lift or curl + fly), then repeat until I can do no more.

Effective way to tire yourself out quick if that's the goal! Does require having access to stairs though.
ImageImageImage
micarocks101
Bird
United States of America

Post by micarocks101 »

Oough, getting back on the fitness train. I went on a hike with two of my friends, they walk SO FAST so I was just holding the end of one of their backpacks the entire time. It got my heart rate up though! Also, the dog's name is Shelby! He's an Akita and German Shepard mix, so honestly he's more like a really huge cat than an actual dog.
Tending to the dead
Bowing low
Bared head
Whispers to cold flesh
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

micarocks101 wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:59 pm Oough, getting back on the fitness train. I went on a hike with two of my friends, they walk SO FAST so I was just holding the end of one of their backpacks the entire time. It got my heart rate up though! Also, the dog's name is Shelby! He's an Akita and German Shepard mix, so honestly he's more like a really huge cat than an actual dog.
Absolutely love this dog. Would die for them
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
micarocks101
Bird
United States of America

Post by micarocks101 »

You will. He literally weighs more than my friend who owns him so part of me holding onto the backpack is making sure she doesn't fall over if he runs after a quail.
Tending to the dead
Bowing low
Bared head
Whispers to cold flesh
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

What are some good motion-controlled games for exercise, either on Wii or HTC Vive (there’s a VR arcade nearby)? I know some Wii games are still produced like just dance, which is good cardio. Also superhot is surprisingly more physically intense than I thought
ImageImageImageImageImage
Bee
homosex
Bulgaria

Post by Bee »

I dont find a lot of time to exercise in the week but usually a few hours before bed I'll do 15 minutes on the tread and rotate between these three sets

Leg Press
Abduction
Calf Raises
Leg Ext

Crunches
Chest Press
Lat Pull
Shrugs

Curls
Triceps Exts
Pec Flys
Wrist Curls
Twilight
Horse?
Canada

Post by Twilight »

Went to the arcade for my last dance game set before moving to Seattle. Got some really good scores!
Pushed myself a little hard though and got close to throwing up. Need to be careful, even if I'm having fun...

Image Image
Image Image
Meteor showers are the spirits of many ponies, galloping across the sky.
They run to draw the attention of those left behind.
They run to wave hello, and good bye.
They run because waiting for you is a hard thing to do.
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

Post by SlothfulSpectre »

started doing yoga 30ish minutes a day

my arms are sore but ideally my back will no longer be sore and i'll be healthier and shit