What in the world are u playin

Talk about games! Anyone can play these games. We're about to release new games (and you'll love these games)
SpecterPants
gay
United States of America

Re: What in the world are u playin

Post by SpecterPants »

I been playin' more Elden Ring lately when i have the time to. Recently beat Elmer of the Briar and i gotta say it is a cool-as-shit fight, dude gave me a drill sword i can use now to knock people right on their feet :) Currently attempting to beat a certain big guy on a tiny horse
Image Image Image
SpecterPants
gay
United States of America

Post by SpecterPants »

BubblyBatty wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:19 pm Playing the recently release english translation of the PS1 survival horror dungeoncrawler roguelite Baroque... This game is really fucking good. Like genuinely i think this is one of the best dungeon crawlers i've gotten my hands on. Its got those weird kings field first person controls but its really smooth. The vitality system encourages you to play really aggressively, the art is STUNNING. Real HR Giger shit. Please play this game.
i looove how this thing looks from a cursory glance, i dig visual styles like this. Seems like it could really put a good scare in ya if given the chance. Reminds me of the style of an artist called Plastiboo tbh!
Image Image Image
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

Post by SlothfulSpectre »

Going monster hunter genu mode

It is not a game that gets going quickly but I have faith

Also been playing elden ring seamless coop mod, it's pretty cool and seems to hold together pretty decently as long as you don't go to roundtable hold
barroo
hey
Bhutan

Post by barroo »

at elden final boss. i beat everything. i'm almost elden lord bros
BubblyBatty
FreakBoards #1 Chumbawamba fan
United States of America

Post by BubblyBatty »

BubblyBatty wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:19 pm Playing the recently release english translation of the PS1 survival horror dungeoncrawler roguelite Baroque... This game is really fucking good. Like genuinely i think this is one of the best dungeon crawlers i've gotten my hands on. Its got those weird kings field first person controls but its really smooth. The vitality system encourages you to play really aggressively, the art is STUNNING. Real HR Giger shit. Please play this game.
Took a while off of this game because i got distracted by others but came back and managed to complete my first full non tutorial run. This Game GOOD Got Damn. It supposedly changes more and more the more you complete runs so im excited to keep diving back in
SpecterPants
gay
United States of America

Post by SpecterPants »

BubblyBatty wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:05 pm
Took a while off of this game because i got distracted by others but came back and managed to complete my first full non tutorial run. This Game GOOD Got Damn. It supposedly changes more and more the more you complete runs so im excited to keep diving back in
I checked out this game cuz of your original post here abt it! (*^_^*) So i have also been playing a bit recently, haven't managed to get a run finished past that first one to floor 10 (not sure if thats the tutorial one or not) but it is very fun!! I love the weird mechanics it has that you really gotta decipher for yourself (namely the bug infestations and how throwing stuff works). Its creepy and unique in a lot of cool ways, and I think that sort of stuff makes up for the relatively samey level design (╯▽╰ )

I've also heard that the Sega Saturn version is "superior" in a few ways? sadly it doesn't seem to have a full translation out yet so it can't really be played unless ya know japanese, but it was very cool to learn about, I even found there's a whole neocities dedicated to the game: https://nervetower.neocities.org/credits
Image Image Image
BubblyBatty
FreakBoards #1 Chumbawamba fan
United States of America

Post by BubblyBatty »

SpecterPants wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:01 pm
BubblyBatty wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:05 pm
I checked out this game cuz of your original post here abt it! (*^_^*) So i have also been playing a bit recently, haven't managed to get a run finished past that first one to floor 10 (not sure if thats the tutorial one or not) but it is very fun!! I love the weird mechanics it has that you really gotta decipher for yourself (namely the bug infestations and how throwing stuff works). Its creepy and unique in a lot of cool ways, and I think that sort of stuff makes up for the relatively samey level design (╯▽╰ )

I've also heard that the Sega Saturn version is "superior" in a few ways? sadly it doesn't seem to have a full translation out yet so it can't really be played unless ya know japanese, but it was very cool to learn about, I even found there's a whole neocities dedicated to the game: https://nervetower.neocities.org/credits
Yeah the saturn version has higher resolution sprites, better lighting, rendering etc. Just things the ps1 isn't as good at unfortunately. Theres also the ps2 remake which reimagines the game as a 3d action game which i heard is alright but i think loses some of the atmosphere with the perspective and anime aesthetic it uses instead
pea_txt
Moderator of the Cinema & TV subforum
Monaco

Post by pea_txt »

cant stop PLAYING SLAY THE SPIRE
Scratch
dog
United States of America

Post by Scratch »

risk of rain 2
Jacknerik
i'm the dude
United States of America

Post by Jacknerik »

Made the mistake of trusting Ubisoft and tried Watch Dogs Legion since I liked the first two games. The recruitment system had some cool moments but pretty soon it was clear that it could be really easily be gamed and ended up limiting your playstyle rather than being anything engaging. The game also had a lot of Ubisoft-ism (Map not fully unlocked at the start, broken into districts that have specific side missions that unlock the area fully) that weren't in 2 then has the gall to poke fun of the Assassins creed tower climbing during the crossover mission. On top of all that destroying a riot drone consistently crashes my game and a mission needs you to destroy riot drones to progress so in short Fuck This Game, I wish the recruitment system was put in a game where it actually did something.