Manga thread! Post little-known / interesting manga

Welcome to the first episode of my new podcast,. Today we will dicuss the latest in movies and anime, hbo max, prestige tv, sienfeld on tv must see tv, out now, discuss comics books, words books, picture books, new cohost books. We klove books and television, discuss books and television. Anime
stinky_lizard
#1 ROBBYDUDE EMPLOYEE
United States of America

Manga thread! Post little-known / interesting manga

Post by stinky_lizard »

Post some interesting manga, preferably little-known ones!

I'll start:

I've just caught up to what's translated of Sora ni Mairu.

Synopsis: Sora Hiyodori lives in deep space far in the future, far from earth, with her robot son (whom she built) Chuujirou. After her husband passes away, she goes on a trip to travel back to earth to deliver his ashes. However, it turns out she has some quite interesting secrets...

It's not particularly experimental, but I find it nice. It gives me Sousou no Frieren vibes. It's a slice-of-life, but tinged with the melancholy of loss, mixed with the mystery of exactly who the main character is, and following her son as he explores space stations and makes friends along the way. Definitely not Lucky Star.
I recommend it! There's about 20 chapters translated right now, which really isn't that much.
hipposhower
i've nico nico nii'd in real life
Canada

Re: Manga thread! Post little-known / interesting manga

Post by hipposhower »

idk how well known any of these are but i've not seen other people talk about them

Usotsuki Satsuki Shi ga Mieru (Liar Satsuki Can See Death): about a girl who sees premonitions of people's deaths 24 hours before they happen, but no one believes her

Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu (The Summer Hikaru Died): good but creepy, it's about a kid who's best friend dies and is replaced by some sort of entity
Image Image
skyboundnero
june's nobody
United States of America

Post by skyboundnero »

stinky_lizard wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:37 pm I've just caught up to what's translated of Sora ni Mairu.

this is exactly the manga ive been looking for. thank you for posting it!!
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

Post by SlothfulSpectre »

hipposhower wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:43 pm idk how well known any of these are but i've not seen other people talk about them

Usotsuki Satsuki Shi ga Mieru (Liar Satsuki Can See Death): about a girl who sees premonitions of people's deaths 24 hours before they happen, but no one believes her
Started reading this, it's pretty good!
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

hipposhower wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:43 pm Hikaru ga Shinda Natsu (The Summer Hikaru Died): good but creepy, it's about a kid who's best friend dies and is replaced by some sort of entity
The art in this manga looks so sick. I think I’m gonna take this recommendation
ImageImageImageImageImage