Dwarf Fortress Stories

Talk about games! Anyone can play these games. We're about to release new games (and you'll love these games)
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Re: Succession Fort?

Post by SkieSquiggles »

Jacknerik wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:21 pm Ever since the steam release I've been itching to try a succession fortress. Would anyone here be interested in that, and if so should it be it's own thread or part of this one?
What do you mean specifically by succession fort?
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
Jacknerik
i'm the dude
United States of America

Post by Jacknerik »

SkieSquiggles wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:13 pm
Jacknerik wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 3:21 pm Ever since the steam release I've been itching to try a succession fortress. Would anyone here be interested in that, and if so should it be it's own thread or part of this one?
Since Dwarf Fortress doesn't have any multiplayer, the community developed succession forts as a way to play together. Each player would play a year, keep a record of what they had done, then pass the save file onto the next player who would do the same. Boatmurdered, probably the most famous dwarf fortress story was a succession fort.
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

Jacknerik wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:10 pm
SkieSquiggles wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 10:13 pm
Since Dwarf Fortress doesn't have any multiplayer, the community developed succession forts as a way to play together. Each player would play a year, keep a record of what they had done, then pass the save file onto the next player who would do the same. Boatmurdered, probably the most famous dwarf fortress story was a succession fort.
Ooooh, I hadn't heard of that before! That's a really fun idea.
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)