Wii appreciation thread

Talk about games! Anyone can play these games. We're about to release new games (and you'll love these games)
Arlisbloxer05
FreakBoards #1 3DS Theme Maker
Canada

Re: Wii appreciation thread

Post by Arlisbloxer05 »

Time for another game I like, or rather a trilogy of games. That being Metroid Prime Trilogy, a FANTASTIC update to two incredible games and a nice opportunity to rerelease a pretty good one as well. As someone who's played both Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2 Echoes on the original Gamecube controller I can say that the controls in the Trilogy release were FAR SUPERIOR to that of the GC release. Of course nowadays the more superior way to play the Trilogy is on dolphin via PrimeHack for proper Keyboard and Mouse controls. There are also some things they changed in the Trilogy release that prevent Sequence Breaking which is great fun if you have the patience for it but some people have figured out workarounds for a few items such as the Space Jump Boots in Prime 1 which definitely makes the game easier in some locations. Nevertheless, this bundle is still very solid and worth picking up if you're looking for something to play.
TBFish
gayer
United States of America

Post by TBFish »

not a game but every single time i have to type something out with a controller or a remote on a TV, i'm reminded at how effortless that was with the wiimote. god, i miss it so much.

and the pikmin 1 & 2 released on the Wii were godlike, my first time playing those games was on that console. really really good ports
ImageImageImage
Arlisbloxer05
FreakBoards #1 3DS Theme Maker
Canada

Post by Arlisbloxer05 »

TBFish wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:06 pm not a game but every single time i have to type something out with a controller or a remote on a TV, i'm reminded at how effortless that was with the wiimote. god, i miss it so much.

and the pikmin 1 & 2 released on the Wii were godlike, my first time playing those games was on that console. really really good ports
Oh for sure, its a shame that the only consoles to do that nowadays are the Playstation 4 and 5 because good lord is it efficient as hell. (That is if you've never used the PS3's text entry bc oh god do the shortcut buttons make more sense on that than the PS4 and 5)
keroberrycola
gay
Japan

Post by keroberrycola »

shout out to the bronies for making homebrewing your wii trivially easy /) <- that's a bro hoof
Image MCDONALDS BIJOU BABY
Vinnydebs
gay
United States of America

Post by Vinnydebs »

thanks to the Wii for being how I enjoyed my first tastes of cawa dooty

and the absolutely awful MW3 branded earpiece so I could have other strangers yell at me while we all tried to use the motion controls to P90 each other
king_zigzag
king
Canada

Post by king_zigzag »

dude i remember my grandma and i playing mario party 8 together, like we'd just go through minigame mode and do all the 2 player ones. cannot imagine her doing that with a ps3 game

also new play control is the only way you can play pikmin, every other way is worse
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

Pokepark was cool. Also it preceded Pokken Tournament with real-time battles where you run around as a pokemon controlling your attacks
ImageImageImageImageImage
JulianaNRG
homosex
Jamaica

Post by JulianaNRG »

SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

The wii is really cool because I know how to use an old wii remote to make an incredibly scuffed vr setup
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)