Doin' a Full Gen3 Living Dex run

Talk about games! Anyone can play these games. We're about to release new games (and you'll love these games)
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Re: Doin' a Full Gen3 Living Dex run

Post by SkieSquiggles »

THAT'S COMMUNITY BAYBEEEEE
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
Arlisbloxer05
FreakBoards #1 3DS Theme Maker
Canada

Re: Doin' a Full Gen3 Living Dex run

Post by Arlisbloxer05 »

Ruby day 4: Finally back into the swing of it, and boy oh boy was progress MADE! First off, it's time to grab the Dynamo Badge and unlock Rock Smash outside of battle! Now thankfully since most electric pokemon are weak to fighting moves in gen 3, Combusken is going to smack this gym around like its a TerminalMontage video via some well placed Double Kicks. I do that, sweep the gym, GG EZ.

Now that I've done that, time to capture some mons and wouldn't you know it? We're on Route 117 (HALO_THEME.WAV INTENSIFIES) which means I got the daycare unlocked! Now I can start breeding pokemon! As for the mons I captured, I got myself a Roselia, a Illumise, a Marill, an Oddish.

Now I could go straight to Vanderdurf Town and continue on, but we just got rock smash unlocked and I for one wanna do some esplorin' so lets get esplorin'! Cutting back through Mawile City and heading through Route 111, I take a brief pit-stop to fight the Winstrates, a family of 4 trainers for some quick n' easy EXP + Cash + Pokemon to find later on via the Pokedex + a free Macho Brace! After that, I then break open the path to the rest of route 111, take on some trainers for more EXP + Cash + Pokemon to find later on via the Pokedex, and do the same through route 112. As for the mons obtained in 112, I manage to grab a Numel and a Machop. Entering the Fiery Path, I encounter and subsequently also capture a Koffing, a Torkoal, a Slugma (THIS FELLA IS GONNA BE IMPORTANT FOR HATCHING EGGS LATER ON) After exiting the cavern as I can't progress without obtaining and unlocking Strength, we head onwards to the ash-covered plains of route 113 to capture a Spinda, and then subsequently head straight to Fallarbor town to get more poke balls as I ran out (oops) but as we're doing that, Ralts finally evolves into Kirlia, and our shiny Zigzagoon evolves into Linoone!

Now that we've gotten all of that done, it's time to stop fartin' around and head to the next city! Along the way I stop by Lanette's house on route 114 which, fun fact about me, is where my secret base in Omega Ruby was located at, and get a seedot doll which isn't bad, BUT THEN I ENCOUNTER THE BADASS OF GEN 3... ZANGOOSE BABYYYYYYYYYYYY (kids went crazy over him right? its been a while, I forgor) This also means that I've filled at least 1 box full of pokemon! HUZZAH! I also ran into a Nuzleaf, which I captured, and a Swablu that I didn't capture it because well... you'll see soon!

Anyways I pass through Meteor Falls, encounter Team Magma and Aqua, catch a Solrock, make my way through a few routes, open up the Rusurf tunnel, visit Vanderturf Town, restock items, offload some items as apparently bag limits are still a thing, and get back to Petalburg to go kick dad's ass... at least I THOUGHT that was the next thing to do. Apparently I've forgotten what to do next! So that's a bit of a yikes moment for me, especially since I grew up on this game!

Deciding this would be the best place to stop for now, I headed to the pokemon center, healed up, saved, and hung up the 3DS for today, BUT! THEN! Just as I was about to enter the pokemon center, OUR FALSE SWIPE SWABLU EGG HATCHED! HUZZAH! Yes, the egg we got from Pokemon Box was indeed a Swablu egg! And as implied, this Swablu is special as it knows False Swipe, something it normally can't learn! It's also why I didn't catch that Swablu from earlier.

Anyways, heal team, save, quit game, sleep. We got a lot done today folks, and I'm feeling VERY good about how the living dex is coming along so far. I'd also like to thank Cabin for the Gen 3 Exclusives spreadsheet

And if anyone knows where to go next and HOW to get there, uhhhhh plz lmk lol.

Current Pokedex count: 42

Sidenote: I know I don't do a whole lot per day but here's the thing, while playing GBA games on a 3DS is fun and stuff my 3DS has two big problems. The first being the lack of a charging port. The original 3DS model is NOTORIOUS for having terrible solder on the charging port and breaking after a few years. I do eventually plan on replacing it with a Mini USB port bc fuck proprietary charging ports but I don't exactly have a soldering iron set up yet. This results in me needing to use a DSi to charge my 3DS battery. Yes, that works somehow, no I wouldn't recommend it due to the amount of god damn TAPE one ends up using to keep the battery in place. 2nd problem, the original 3DS battery life is SUUUUUPER ASS. There is a replacement battery that goes up to 5000mAh which is 5x the amount of battery life on the lowest brightness + power saving mode and even adds some CHONK to the system resulting in a better grip, but I don't exactly have money for it yet (still working on getting 32 GB of RAM for my PC so I can play modded minecraft) It's also why, ideally, I'd like to have a fully kitted-out gamecube and a GBA flashcart so I can play the game on the big screen without needing to worry about battery life on a handheld. Hopefully one day I can solve these issues but for now, time limits be a problem.