BIC Theory Crafting and Discussion

just keep posting thru it bitch
letticelattice
gay
United States of America

BIC Theory Crafting and Discussion

Post by letticelattice »

Post and discuss your theories for the Bureau of Intergalactic Communications ARG here (if you want to, I just don't want to clog up the Discord and figure this will be easier to look back on later)!

I'll start with an itty-bitty bit of baseless speculation based on the very limited information we have so far: Given that the larger organization is called the Bureau of Intergalactic Communications I assume that Project NEST has something to do with setting up/maintaining a communications network (in space!). NEST, therefore, might stand for something like "Network Extension for Space Travel." Alternatively it could be "Network Extension for Stellar Travel," which rolls off the tongue a bit better. Of course, you could probably think of a lot of things NEST could potentially stand for.
Image RAVING HOMOSEXUAL MENACE; DANGER TO SOCIETY; I THINK GOD SHOULD KILL HIM
Mak-Etcetera
✦{Waiting for DELTARUNE}✦
Italy

Re: BIC Theory Crafting and Discussion

Post by Mak-Etcetera »

thanks for making this thread! and that is a really good theory
ImageImageImageImageImage
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

gonna copy/paste what I posted in the discord just for documentation purposes lol

not a rusthead but I'm 99% sure these [zeke's profile picture: rusted holes in what looks to be a logo painted on the hull of a ship] are bullet holes [and not natural rusting]. on painted surfaces, rust will start in one or two places, usually at a seam or end point, where the paint starts to flake/peel letting the metal underneath oxidize. This instead looks to me like bullets creating breaks in the paint/other coating which then have the metal start to oxidize outwards from each hole.

implications from zeke's pfp suggest that the T576 Woodpecker may have been involved in some sort of armed conflict (though I assume they were not an armed ship but instead collateral. maybe since they specialize in intergalactic communication their job was to try to translate between sides, crack codes, or broker a truce?). it seems that that armed conflict happened a while ago and the ship has continued to survive, although the damage done has not been fixed after enough time for rust to spread so it may be that project nest (or just the T576) is a bit underfunded.

It's completely possible that space is just a dangerous place to be and the T576 Woodpecker happened to receive collateral damage while traveling, but I just wanted to throw a theory into the ring. Especially since it seems like SOMETHING happened to the T576 for it to have the servers reboot.
letticelattice
gay
United States of America

Post by letticelattice »

uh anyways mystery solved it was vtuber month lmao
Image RAVING HOMOSEXUAL MENACE; DANGER TO SOCIETY; I THINK GOD SHOULD KILL HIM
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

my theory is that Robi is a funny little friend we love Robi
ImageImageImageImageImage
Finch
Pokéfreak Extraordinaire
Wales

Post by Finch »

So what do we think happened to the crew?

The last update was that they got access to new info, so I wonder if they saw something they weren't supposed to and this is all BIC's doing
ImageImageImage
looneyzune
gay
United States of America

Post by looneyzune »

my biggest theory is that the thing they're trying to contact did NOT want to be talked to, leading to some kind of invasion on the ship and shut down. Robi, incredibly under-qualified based on what his type of androids do, has been (somewhat) modified to investigate and then keep the signal going as if nothing happened.
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

Finch wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:22 am So what do we think happened to the crew?

The last update was that they got access to new info, so I wonder if they saw something they weren't supposed to and this is all BIC's doing
I one hundred percent believe BIC is either covering something up or did something themselves to the woodpecker and its crew. I had this theory for a while but it was pretty much confirmed with the hesitancy Robi had towards talking about what happened to the woodpecker or what BIC is doing/has done about it.

looking back at discord and it seems like it was 10/9 when I said "I fully fully believe that the crew of the t576w are still alive. whatever the BIC is saying about what happened is a cover up 100%" and "my theory is BIC wants everyone to think the crew is dead, but something else is going on"

I don't believe that the crew is dead because that would be a really sad way to end a funny streamer ARG, but the way Peter was talking at the time it seemed like he thought Peggy was dead or was at the very least never going to be seen or heard from again. And imo the media would only be able to report on what BIC told them, so there's no way that there's a coverup without BIC being directly involved in it.