Witch From Mercury

Welcome to the first episode of my new podcast,. Today we will dicuss the latest in movies and anime, hbo max, prestige tv, sienfeld on tv must see tv, out now, discuss comics books, words books, picture books, new cohost books. We klove books and television, discuss books and television. Anime
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

Re: Witch From Mercury

Post by SlothfulSpectre »

pacing thoughts
Spoiler!
why is so much of the limited runtime dedicated to lauda's bullshit. the schwartzette had more setup than the caliban. why. it feels like there's so many things coming out of nowhere or not getting enough time to breathe and yet this gets so much time spent on it
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

FIVEpoint9 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 11:46 am Miorine really said it...
Spoiler!
THE WEDDING IS ON!!!!!

also RIP Eri
miomio said
Spoiler!
you can try to kill me all you want i'm still fucking your daughter
FIVEpoint9
gay
Seychelles

Post by FIVEpoint9 »

i don't know if i'm emotionally prepared for tomorrow
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

The final Suletta Sunday...

I mean probably not actually. They'd be insane to not renew the biggest Gundam series in ages.

But the final Suletta Sunday.........
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

I feel like we're probably not getting more episodes, bummer. If they had foreseen how popular it would be and given it 50 I feel like a lot of stuff could have been given more room to breathe.
Spoiler!

WE ARE SO. FUCKING. BAAAAAAAAAACK.
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

ANYWAY ACTUAL IN DEPTH THOUGHTS
Spoiler!
I think this was a much better yuri than it was a gundam show

a lot of the actual gundam plot seemed to have shit come out of nowhere/be rushed (see shwartzette being hinted at for several episodes only to be completely meaningless, vs caliburn just showing up)

I guess we're never gonna learn more about notrette even after it was hinted she was controlling quiet zero? she didn't even show up with the rest of the ghosts.

Suletta had the quiet zero inside her all along, or something, and destroyed all the permet?

I think that while I didn't enjoy how much of the show was just business stuff, resolving some of the conflict by miorine just giving the entire benerit group to earth is probably the best thing she could have done and was funny, so I liked it.

As someone who was here for the yuri I liked the ending but I can see how people who were here for the gundam might be annoyed at how the last few episodes just seemed to be HERE'S A NEW THING, OKAY THAT'S RESOLVED, HERE'S ANOTHER NEW THING

but i'm just happy farmer suletta is real and married and alive
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

ALSO
Spoiler!
I wouldn't be surprised at all if we got more ad stella that goes further into the resolution of the earthian/spacian conflict. Gwitch was always mainly about Suletta and her interpersonal conflicts while the greater political conflicts were happening but not really something she was involved with. I wouldn't be shocked if we get another series and Suletta just isn't a part of it beyond like. Miorine is still clearly an important political figure post timeskip trying to fix things so she'd be involved, and also there's her wife who doesn't do that gundam shit anymore. I think Suletta's story is over. She's chillin. She is unbothered. Her crops are flourishing. Miomio might have more stuff going on in the future but Suletta got her happy ending.
FIVEpoint9
gay
Seychelles

Post by FIVEpoint9 »

Spoiler!
"I wish you'd listen to your sister-in-law's advice" HELL YEAH HELL FUCKING YEAH

I really wish we got more but i'm happy with what we got
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

Spoiler!
I read a lot of yuri but i'm like straight up giddy about this one
i love suletta so much and i'm so happy she's gay married
i had forgotten the emotional power of watching a show as it airs and like, talking to people about it and wondering what'll happen next
FIVEpoint9
gay
Seychelles

Post by FIVEpoint9 »

Song from the last episode with english subtitles
Spoiler!