New MANGA

Welcome to the first episode of my new podcast,. Today we will dicuss the latest in movies and anime, hbo max, prestige tv, sienfeld on tv must see tv, out now, discuss comics books, words books, picture books, new cohost books. We klove books and television, discuss books and television. Anime
alteredBees
world's best danganronpa fan
United States of America

New MANGA

Post by alteredBees »

i want to read more manga but everything's so long,
so im going to keep up with each new series that is serialized in JUMP.
if any of these sound interesting you can use the Shonen JUMP app (i think most new chapters are free with older chapters being available for the premium sub with is i think 2ish dollars a month) (or you know, you could just read them on websites

ALSO post about new manga series you all are reading
Last edited by alteredBees on Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Last night, at the dawn. A young man shows up.
Hell fire burns down the surroundings. The ice coffin quietly lies.
So the time comes. Here, ring the bell of dawn.
The dark night will soon be over...
alteredBees
United States of America

Re: new jump manga,

Post by alteredBees »

alteredBees wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:19 am i want to read more manga but everything's so long,
if any of these sound interesting you can use the Shonen JUMP app (i think most new chapters are free with older chapters being available for the premium sub with is i think 2ish dollars a month) (or you know, you could just read them on websites
the first one im going to talk about has been running for few weeks now
Wild Strawberry
currently there are 4 chapters with another one coming in 8 days
the story takes place in a world where plant monsters called jinka take on human hosts to eat people
the main character's sister is one of said hosts but has retained more of her empathy and humanity than others
by the end of the first chapter she fuses with her brother to save his life after he was shot by The Cops

so far this is giving me big Fire Punch* and or chainsaw man** vibes but i might just be imagining shit

the art is really pretty in how they draw the plants while also having interesting body horror (not pictured for those who dont like that)

it can also be funny at times

im looking forward to where the story will go from here

*https://mangadex.org/title/6fef1f74-a0a ... fire-punch
**https://mangadex.org/title/a77742b1-bef ... ainsaw-man
alteredBees
United States of America

Re: New MANGA

Post by alteredBees »

alteredBees wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:19 am i want to read more manga but everything's so long,

ALSO post about new manga series you all are reading
Shojo Null
appears to be an ultra violent kind of depressing story about robot oppression
reading the first chapter i immediantly got both vibes from Elfin Lied* and a webcomic called Pandoras Tale**
the story focuses on a young man (like 14-16 i think) as he finds one of the few gijin (the robots) that survived a car crash
this gijin (named Marie) is special for some reason
gijin are seen as mindless servants (think like detroit become human but everyone is like 100% more mean and brutal to the robits)
after encountering some youtubers in the street that want to cut open marie, her thinking inhibitor or something gets cut off and she gets agency in the story
she uses that agency to decide to kill literally everyone except for the guy who found her (bc hes nice)
after chapter 1 shes just kinda a weird girl who kills people sometimes so far
Image Image

im getting slight tastes of tokyo ghoul with the "you need to hide or the cops will kill you aspect"
i hope that it will have something to say

*im not linking you elfin lied its bad lol
**https://pandorastale.com/