Knitting/Crocheting!

LISTEN TO THE EARTH,. YOU CNA HEAR IT, SCREAMIGN!!!
cabin
ultra gay

Re: Knitting/Crocheting!

Post by cabin »

one of the hazards of buying hand-dyed yarn,,,,, I didn't have enough for my project so I bought an extra skein of the colorway I was using. But because this is years after the original yarn was bought, this is from a different dye lot and is an entirely different color. The old yarn was a muted purple/yellow but this new skein is very orange/pink. This is why you should buy all your yarn in one go and try to buy stuff in-person haha
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

Another sweater done! This might be the last sweater for a while because I'm focusing on finishing up the yarn I already have in my stash and I definitely don't have enough of any one type of yarn to make another one.
It's a bit of a redo of the first sweater I ever made, pictured on the right. This time the sleeves are the right length and the neckline is the right width. I'm a little torn on what to do with the first sweater; I feel bad about unraveling my very first sweater but I can't imagine myself wearing it now that I have another of the same yarn that actually fits.
Image Image
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

Ooo wow I can tell you've improved since your first sweater!
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

hats!! the first three are ones I'm giving away because it was made with donated yarn, and the other two are ones made with leftover yarn that I might also give away or will just sit in my closet haha
ImageImage
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

I am pogging at how good these hats look ur truly so good at this
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

Sometimes I go online to look at yarn I can't buy because it's just so so pretty. I've been in a habit of looking at koigu yarn in particular for a while now, their color palettes and variegation are so beautiful I can't stand it.
This is a $76 set of mini-skeins that I want sooooo badly but I'm not going to spend that much on only 870 yards of yarn (a sweater would take somewhere around 2000 yards for this weight of yarn)
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

cabin wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 11:30 pm Sometimes I go online to look at yarn I can't buy because it's just so so pretty. I've been in a habit of looking at koigu yarn in particular for a while now, their color palettes and variegation are so beautiful I can't stand it.
This is a $76 set of mini-skeins that I want sooooo badly but I'm not going to spend that much on only 870 yards of yarn (a sweater would take somewhere around 2000 yards for this weight of yarn)

YARN PALETTE POSTING!

ImageImageImageImage

I got carried away with the format of this post but palette collages are really fun to make. Everyone should try making one you will not regret it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

Ough I should get into knitting
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

SkieSquiggles wrote: Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:06 pm Ough I should get into knitting
DO IT DO IT DO IT
cabin
ultra gay

Post by cabin »

remember when I said I was taking a break from sweaters? well anyway...........
I had this sweater I'd made a year ago that I just wasn't happy with and knew I wasn't going to wear. the sleeves were way too long, the cabling on the sleeves were incorrectly positioned, and the wide boatneck was uncomfy to me.
ImageImage
SO I decided to salvage the yarn and reuse it for a new cardigan! it took a lot of work to unravel everything and I actually ended up using more yarn than what was in the original sweater (which is silly to me because the old sweater was so oversized to me and this new cardigan fits right). I decided to go with outerwear rather than another pullover because this yarn is very tweedy which makes it a teensy bit itchy. the basket stitch texture of this cardigan pattern was so satisfying to knit and made for a very light scrunchy fabric.
ImageImage
I'm so glad I went through with repurposing this yarn because I think I've ended up with something I'll actually wear!

[edit: some of the images stopped working :( ]
Last edited by cabin on Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.