What in the world are u playin

Talk about games! Anyone can play these games. We're about to release new games (and you'll love these games)
pea_txt
Moderator of the Cinema & TV subforum
Monaco

Re: What in the world are u playin

Post by pea_txt »

good luck, warriors.
skyboundnero
june's nobody
United States of America

Post by skyboundnero »

kh re:com has been. interesting.
game thoughts:
Spoiler!
im still early on but i had to put it on beginner to keep my sanity. i just can't seem to wrap my head around managing cards in real time along with the number system while *also* moving sora around, but mostly it's just those damn fat bandit heartless from agrabah that were giving me trouble. you cant attack them from the front, but theyre constantly using this tracking fireball attack that makes them face you *while* you're trying to circle around and i guess you're supposed to card break em but it didnt feel like that stunned em long enough when you'd just get hit by another enemy right away

but otherwise i admit it's at least a interesting system in that its unique and somehow kept me from outright quitting despite being close to it during agrabah and i'll probably have a better time wherever i get around to the original com on gba (i just started with re:com for the new cutscenes), plus it's an cool story that i never learned about particularly in depth so it's been nice seeing that firsthand at the pacing the game intends, cutscenes comps have never really stuck with me very well (which is why i will be playing 358/2 actually on ds soonish 8-) )
Image Image
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

I like coming back to Celeste when I need to get back into the swing of using game controls well. Always feels good to play a game that used to be hard for me, but is now easy and satisfying to blaze through.
ImageImageImageImageImage
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

Post by SlothfulSpectre »

SlothfulSpectre wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 5:56 pm attempting mega satan runs with tainted lost while i wait for zeldo
i keep fumbling absolutely cracked runs fuck this game (she has 600 hours in this game)
VentusVulture
gayass animal
Wales

Post by VentusVulture »

I've recently been playing through the WiiWare PMD games!!! Out of any Pokemon game, these go SO needlessly hard. If you like PMD and you like challenges, definitely play them. I died in the first dungeon to a Ledyba sweeping my team. Examples of challenges include: the second dungeon in the game is 12 floors long, Pokemon evolve whenever they defeat a team member (including after reviving them), monster houses appear in the third dungeon in the game, at which point missions up to A RANK start appearing, and the ranking is actually accurate. Also here's a floor layout I got from the second dungeon: Image
Look at that shit. That's the second dungeon in the game.

There are three versions of this, which is a bit weird, but you get every starter from the beginning even though you only choose two to be your main two Pokemon. Do note that the starter choices for these games are... weird... though (Pichu and Pikachu are both starters in one game, and roughly 2/3 of the starters in one game are fire types, with the other third being normal types). Also, if you have save data for one game, you can carry it across all three versions to share items, adventure rank, and team members in every game! Which is handy since each game has about 133 version exclusives. I recommend doing this, honestly, since dungeons are specifically built around your starters' weaknesses, and being able to get through dungeons without having to worry about getting slaughtered by a Marowak one dungeon in.

A lot of people say the story of this game is really simplified, but I honestly find it pretty sweet despite it being less complicated and shorter than other PMD games. There's definitely still a lot of content to be found here if you play all three, though, what with every version having 15 dungeons each, and the union of all three games having every Pokemon in the Sinnoh national dex. I will say though, maybe don't play through all three games at the same time if you do that, since you'll have to watch the exact same story cutscenes three times in a row (which, while they are funny, gets tedious given the relatively slow textspeed with no way of speeding it up).
Also: If you play these games, use the fan translation! It's really good. I can't remember the link but if you look it up I'm sure you'll find it.

And now I will start ranting about something about this game! The only upload of this game's soundtrack on YouTube is... well...

It's wrong. I don't know how they did it but they ripped it wrong. (I think it might be a reupload of another person's rip that got taken down, so don't blame the uploader for that) This song, and most other songs in-game sound good, but since the only upload on the internet is... this... this is what everyone thinks the game actually sounds like. One comment reads, "At least the quality of this remix reflects the game." It's Gates to Infinity all over again! These games are great but everyone is just told that they suck! I don't blame the uploader but I just wish their upload wasn't the only one on YouTube...

Anyways, definitely play these games if you're able – they're really fun despite what people might say!

Also, semi-related, I've been playing a lot of Pokemon Conquest recently – I used to think I didn't like tactics rpgs but this game is fantastic. It also has a banger soundtrack. Gen 5 just did not miss with its games' soundtracks, especially the spinoff ones.
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

sploon 3 baby here we go
BootyJim
Dipshit
United States of America

Post by BootyJim »

Playing through Yakuza 3 for the first time. What in the absolute fuck was this scene, it hit me like a metal bat to my jaw!!!!

They call me Mr. White cuz my cracker game puts Saltine to shame
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

Seeing Jackson play Hollow Knight made me open up Hollow Knight and remember that it runs horribly on my sad baby computer.
skeleteleteleton
gay
United States of America

Post by skeleteleteleton »

working my way through 13 Sentinels this guy's all worked up cuz this box just called him gay
skeleteleteleton
gay
United States of America

Post by skeleteleteleton »

now I'm playing Detective Pikachu, where the titular character's voice actor is the same guy that plays the guy i last posted