Horror movies! Ah!

Welcome to the first episode of my new podcast,. Today we will dicuss the latest in movies and anime, hbo max, prestige tv, sienfeld on tv must see tv, out now, discuss comics books, words books, picture books, new cohost books. We klove books and television, discuss books and television. Anime
BubblyBatty
FreakBoards #1 Chumbawamba fan
United States of America

Re: Horror movies! Ah!

Post by BubblyBatty »

Watched Eyes of Fire, really neat colonial period piece folk horror. Watched it in search of western horror media that isnt racist and this one was only Kind Of racist which is a step up but also its not technically a western. Lots of neat visuals, some really good performances, silly low budget 80s effects. Not like the most amazing movie but worth a watch
Fastplant64
Actual Wizard
United States of America

Post by Fastplant64 »

Finally watched NOPE. Uh yeah me likely a LOT. Multiple scenes straight up left me stunned with fear. Good shit, one of the best films from a remarkable year of cinema. If any of you yayhoos haven't seen it yet, GET ON IT.
BubblyBatty
United States of America

Post by BubblyBatty »

Watched Dario Argento's Phenomina, wild fucking movie, some neat ideas. Paced a little weird, a lot of his movies have weird pacing so i can over look it. Ending sequence comes almost out of nowhere, though there were some neat clues looking back.
BubblyBatty
United States of America

Post by BubblyBatty »

Evil Dead Trap 2: Hideki is genuinely one of the best horror films i've ever seen. it is completely unrelated to Evil Dead Trap 1 besides the name Hideki and it is directed by the screenwriter of Akira, Izo Hashimoto. I dont think i want to go into specifics of the plot because i kind of want people to go in blind lol but i will give some cws
Spoiler!
sexual assault, dubious consent, gore
Its visually very similar to Suspiria, lots of brilliant neon colors to add to the unrealness of it. Its really good. I suspect the name was added to make it more marketable? Who knows
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

Post by SlothfulSpectre »

Just rewatched Resident Evil (2002) and I maintain that while it's not a great resident evil movie it's still a pretty decent movie. Paul WS Anderson sometimes makes good shit.

But only sometimes. Monster Hunter fans know.
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

Can anyone recommend horror short films? Anywhere from a few minutes long to “less than movie length” is fine. I can’t think of any on the spot
ImageImageImageImageImage
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

Post by SlothfulSpectre »

mysteryROOSTER wrote: Sun May 28, 2023 2:14 pm Can anyone recommend horror short films? Anywhere from a few minutes long to “less than movie length” is fine. I can’t think of any on the spot

also try cryptTV on youtube they do a lot of horror shorts that are apparently good but i haven't watched most of them
BubblyBatty
United States of America

Post by BubblyBatty »

Just watched The Last Broadcast, a really really good low budget found footage film from the 90s. Theres no real major cws other than basic horror movie violence. Go in blind.
BubblyBatty
United States of America

Post by BubblyBatty »

Possession (1981) is one of the most fantastic horror movies i've ever seen. Intensely gripping the entire time. Gruesome and unexpected. Highly fucking recommend
barroo
hey
Bhutan

Post by barroo »

BubblyBatty wrote: Thu Jun 15, 2023 1:08 pm Possession (1981) is one of the most fantastic horror movies i've ever seen. Intensely gripping the entire time. Gruesome and unexpected. Highly fucking recommend
THATS FUCKIN RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!