Tabletop RPGs!

just keep posting thru it bitch
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Re: Tabletop RPGs!

Post by SkieSquiggles »

Boosting this thread (is that what it's called)
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
goblinoidguy
gay

Post by goblinoidguy »

i just found the SICKEST hack of INTO THE ODD called NEKROPOL and its some of the sickest necromantic shit ive ever seen, you can completely randomize your character and get just the WILDEST shit and its fucking FREE!!! you need the into the odd basic rules but even just reading this zine is fun as hell. i also have a spin off of into the odd called ELECTRIC BASTIONLAND which is offical and also rocks but costs money, it has 200 fucking backgrounds each with art though so well worth the money. also if you're stingy dm me and ill share the pdf with you. but consider buying it cause the guy who makes it is cool i think.
EDIT:
just remembered that theres a free version of electric bastionland so you dont need any money to play nekropol im pretty sure
Image ImageImage
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

goblinoidguy wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 12:27 am i just found the SICKEST hack of INTO THE ODD called NEKROPOL and its some of the sickest necromantic shit ive ever seen, you can completely randomize your character and get just the WILDEST shit and its fucking FREE!!! you need the into the odd basic rules but even just reading this zine is fun as hell. i also have a spin off of into the odd called ELECTRIC BASTIONLAND which is offical and also rocks but costs money, it has 200 fucking backgrounds each with art though so well worth the money. also if you're stingy dm me and ill share the pdf with you. but consider buying it cause the guy who makes it is cool i think.
EDIT:
just remembered that theres a free version of electric bastionland so you dont need any money to play nekropol im pretty sure
These are so fucking cool holy shit!!
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

Does anybody have the GMing rules for Lancer that would like to run a one-shot or maybe a short campaign? I've really wanted to play but can't afford to get the gming rules.
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

Post by SlothfulSpectre »

pathfinder 2e ancestral ability score increase errata validating my choice to make a barbarian sprite let's goooo
Jacknerik
i'm the dude
United States of America

Post by Jacknerik »

https://gizmodo.com/dnd-wizards-of-the- ... 1849950634
Dungeons & Dragons’ New License Tightens Its Grip on Competition
An exclusive look at Wizards of the Coast's new open gaming license shows efforts to curtail competitors and tighten control on creators of all sizes.

The new Dungeons & Dragons Open Gaming License, a document which allows a vast group of independent publishers to use the basic game rules created by D&D owner Wizards of the Coast, significantly restricts the kind of content allowed and requires anyone making money under the license to report their products to Wizards of the Coast directly, according to an analysis of a leaked draft of the document, dated mid-December.

Despite reassurances from Wizards of the Coast last month, the original OGL will become an “unauthorized” agreement, and it appears no new content will be permitted to be created under the original license.
There's shooting yourself in the foot and then there's whatever the fuck Hasbro has been on for the last little while. Genuinely hope the whole thing collapses and D&D fans will learn to migrate to better TTRPGs.
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

Jacknerik wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 10:48 am https://gizmodo.com/dnd-wizards-of-the- ... 1849950634
Dungeons & Dragons’ New License Tightens Its Grip on Competition
An exclusive look at Wizards of the Coast's new open gaming license shows efforts to curtail competitors and tighten control on creators of all sizes.

The new Dungeons & Dragons Open Gaming License, a document which allows a vast group of independent publishers to use the basic game rules created by D&D owner Wizards of the Coast, significantly restricts the kind of content allowed and requires anyone making money under the license to report their products to Wizards of the Coast directly, according to an analysis of a leaked draft of the document, dated mid-December.

Despite reassurances from Wizards of the Coast last month, the original OGL will become an “unauthorized” agreement, and it appears no new content will be permitted to be created under the original license.
There's shooting yourself in the foot and then there's whatever the fuck Hasbro has been on for the last little while. Genuinely hope the whole thing collapses and D&D fans will learn to migrate to better TTRPGs.
Daaaaamn that fucking sucks for a lot of people.
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

While they can definitely choose to release 6e with this new license I strongly doubt that it'll hold up in court if they try to go after pathfinder, which a lot of this seems really targeted towards. You can't release something under a "perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive license" and then almost 20 years down the line go "uhhhh pay us actually"

Ideally paizo takes them to court and manage to set a precedent that this is bullshit otherwise a lot of indie creators who can't afford to battle fucking hasbro are gonna get fucked
Jacknerik
i'm the dude
United States of America

Pathfinder Deal

Post by Jacknerik »

If you've ever wanted to try pathfinder or want to keep driving nails into WotC's coffin, there's a humble bundle that gives all the pathfinder stuff you need to start + more for 25$
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/so-y ... aizo-books
SlothfulSpectre
Going 5 Dollar Mode
Brazil

Re: Pathfinder Deal

Jacknerik wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:02 am If you've ever wanted to try pathfinder or want to keep driving nails into WotC's coffin, there's a humble bundle that gives all the pathfinder stuff you need to start + more for 25$
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/so-y ... aizo-books
also if you want to try pathfinder and don't care about having the rulebooks there's a prd with everything you need as a player https://2e.aonprd.com/

If you wanna dm i do recommend buying the adventure paths they're good i've played extinction curse (your party is circus performers) and i'm in a outlaws of alkenstar (your party is cowboys) game now