Kingdom Hearts Theory/Discussion Thread

Talk about games! Anyone can play these games. We're about to release new games (and you'll love these games)
nonexistentPumpkin
Backroad Light
United States of America

Kingdom Hearts Theory/Discussion Thread

Post by nonexistentPumpkin »

Discuss your KH brainrot! Themes, characters, theories, whatever!

But I'm a theory enby myself, so I'll kick it off with some o' those:

On the nature of Nobodies and beings in general:
Ansem The Dumbass says that it is the STRENGTH of one's will that determines whether they'll become a Nobody. The man being wrong about Most Things, this isn't quite the case. I believe it's actually how MUCH of one's will exists outside of their Heart, and what that will entails determines their exact form, even being able to be shaped by the will of another in some cases.

Creepers have nothing left but the will to keep moving, Dusks have the will to continue being, the other types of Nobodies encountered in KHII are shaped by the wills of the Org members, and the Org themselves have the entire will to continue being themselves. There's also Xion, very susceptible to the will of others in her form (her face looking different to everyone early on) and then gaining a will to return to Sora so strong it overrode her entire physical form. I could talk about other Nobody boss forms but I can sum that up with "the will to utterly destroy your opponent" being strong enough to alter one's form.

This isn't exclusive to Nobodies, however. I believe ALL physical forms in KH are shaped by will, however this will is normally provided in ample amounts by the Heart. This is why Heartless take Hearts to give themselves form, they require the will contained therein to exist in the worlds of light. Unversed take strong emotions, Dream Eaters take dreams and nightmares, both also being potential sources of will.

The idea of Hearts shaping one's form through will also brings me to the cases of Ansem Seeker of Darkness and Sora in KH1. Xehanort is a very willful being, so much so that not only does his Nobody contain enough will to keep his human form, but his Heart contains enough will to completely override the normal takeover of darkness that occurs with Heartless, something very rare. Sora on the other hand I believe has his ENTIRE will contained within his Heart, his Nobodies instead being the will from outside the Hearts of Ventus and Kairi while they were in Sora's body. Thus, since Sora was within the Shadow that absorbed his Heart basically in his entirety, his will was able to override the takeover in a manner similar to Ansem. (Take that, KH wiki. "Somehow" my ass.)

Lastly, I'd like to discuss how Nobodies continue to be Nobodies despite the fact we know they can grow new Hearts through personal connections. They remain Nobodies because the primary will shaping their form remains that which lies outside their Hearts.

Side note: Lingering Will fucking rules because the will just clings to itself without so much as a body. I suppose it counts as a Nobody under my definition but I prefer to liken it to an Undertale Determination ghost.

They already told us what Kingdom Hearts is no seriously I'm not joking:
While they always discuss Kingdom Hearts in vague terms, it is not as if we are bereft of clues as to its nature. We know it's made of many individual Hearts, there can be and are multiple Kingdom Hearts, they act as collective Hearts of a set of worlds, and access to them provides a sort of power over all the worlds that Kingdom Hearts connects.

Is it really fair, then, to say we have no idea what Kingdom Hearts is? Emotional connections are shown time and again to have incredible reach, and how many such connections do you think the Hearts within Kingdom Hearts have? Those connections ARE what makes a Kingdom Hearts the Heart of many worlds, those emotional ties hold the worlds in a single cohesive space and prevent them from spiraling out into isolation.

This explains why control over one is inherently dangerous, the connections give one direct access to all the worlds the Kingdom Hearts acts as a Heart to. One could cover those worlds in darkness, distort them, sever them, all bad! It's something no one being should be trusted with.

...All that said, the games COULD have stood to be a bit more direct about it.

BONUS: Who or what is Twilight Thorn?
Spoiler!
I outlined in my theory about Nobodies how will shapes form, and I went over all Nobodies and what their various wills are... except for one.

Twilight Thorn is a very unusual case, being a Nobody that seems to have formed naturally within the Twilight Town simulation Roxas was in. It moves too much like an actual Nobody for Ansem The Dumbass to have made it, and there'd be no reason to send a tutorial boss to a boy who's about to be metaphysically unraveled besides.

This one's going to take a bit of explaining, first we need to establish the nature of the Twilight Town simulation. I believe Ansem The Dumbass just took a raw scan of the entire town, however the simulation we see only uses parts of the town. In terms of data, we could categorize the raw files as body and soul, and what runs them together (or in other words connects them) as the Heart. If we imagine the raw files as having the will to be ran, then we can see them becoming a Nobody. However, there remains the problem of what context they could run themselves in.

Enter Roxas, who the simulation is continuously learning about by virtue of Roxas being in it. The simulation is also learning about Sora thanks to what the simulation is facilitating, and thus it now knows about things like Sora's Dive Into The Heart. Roxas having his own dive, the simulation would know there's something missing. The parts of the simulation not ran would jump at the chance to fill in a missing asset, and thus form themselves into a simulacrum of a "darkside" for Roxas to fight.

In short, Twilight Thorn is the collective Nobody of the parts of the Twilight Town simulation, acting on the will to fill in something missing. There is a LOT of conjecture here but it's my best guess, this thing is kind of a huge enigma.
I'm sure MOST of these theories already exist but I came to my conclusions independently.
skyboundnero
june's nobody
United States of America

Re: Kingdom Hearts Theory/Discussion Thread

Post by skyboundnero »

dear god i wish i had the brain capacity to explain in depth the theories in my mind (especially since i did not come up with them myself and would need to read up on it to refresh myself) but im going to be eyeing this thread intensely. maybe even post myself one day. very cool theorizing though!!
Image Image
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

I think Kingdom Hearts is pretty cool :)
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
KatieIsASlimeUwU
Bunny Slime Girl of the Internet
Ireland

Post by KatieIsASlimeUwU »

Dark Road has given us a shit ton of theory material (like re-igniting Subject X theories)
but what I wanna talk about is name relations when it comes to norse mythology
Specifically with Skuld, Urd, Ephemer, and Xehanort
gonna put this in spoilers in case people don't want spoilers for Dark Road
Spoiler!
First off lets start with Basics..... Both Skuld and Urd are named after the Norns (Basically Norse Mythology's Fates)
Skuld is the Norn of the Future, while Urd is the Norn of the Past
Now, you may be asking Katie? Where do Ephemer and Xehanort tie into this?
Well the Dark Road Q and A gives some very interesting information about Xehanort's Mother
Question 10: Xehanort appears with a figure who we assume to be his mother. Is that…Skuld?

Nomura: That is incorrect. However, she is related to Skuld in some way. The next title, Missing-Link, will have “bloodlines” as one of the story’s main points.

So, we know Momnort is related to Skuld (which is said Subject X confusion, prob gonna make another reply in here)
Xehanort is also related to Ephemer....... Which brings us to the true purpose of this theory....
Xehanort and Urd are Cousins Theory!!!!!!
Take a look at Ephemer's Hair
And Xehanort's
And Urd's......
They all have the same Hair Color....
but something interesting is that both Nort and Urd have Straighter hair than Ephemer
Urd also has a really close eye color to Skuld....
So Urd has both Visual and Mythological connections to skuld, while also having visual connections to Ephemer and Xehanort (who, as mentiontioned is related to both Ephemer and Skuld)
Urd and Xehanort Cousins Confirmed
While this is like, more headcanon than theory.... its headcanon with lore backing!
Its also just fun to play along with all the focus on Bloodlines in Dark Road and Missing Link
Hope y'all enjoyed!
Hewwo Y'all!!!!!!!!! Image Slime/Bun/She/They