latte art ♡ assorted cool drinks

LISTEN TO THE EARTH,. YOU CNA HEAR IT, SCREAMIGN!!!
jellybeanDAEMON
angel daemon nova fae.... all these syllables belong to ME
United States of America

latte art ♡ assorted cool drinks

Post by jellybeanDAEMON »

haiiii guyzz!! i work as a barista full-time and ive gotten really good at making latte art... i would love to share it with you all! ♡

if u have a pretty drink to share [even if it isnt a latte xP] then this is the thread to post a picture of it!!!

im gonna spoil the imgs to reduce the size of the posts :3 enjoy!! and i would LOVE to see other cool drinkydrinks from other ppl too!! even if u didnt make it [is that allowed :shock:???] i wanna appreciate the sips
Spoiler!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
if theres any interest i would be happy to post more... i do this literally all the time x3
:?Image;)
perpetuaReality
ULTRARARE ★★★★★★
Argentina

Re: latte art ♡ assorted cool drinks

Post by perpetuaReality »

i got this latte earlier this year when my girlfriend visited me. its the second such latte ive ever had. i didnt get a pic of the first one because i mindlessly ruined it before i could take a pic by dumping sugar on it :/
jellybeanDAEMON
United States of America

perpetuaReality wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:52 am Image
i got this latte earlier this year when my girlfriend visited me. its the second such latte ive ever had. i didnt get a pic of the first one because i mindlessly ruined it before i could take a pic by dumping sugar on it :/
OH super cute!!! and dont feel bad about "ruining" the art, thats part of the purpose of latte art!! to be drinkéd and enjoyéd no matter how much sugar disrupts the design ♡
i will take this opportunity to Poast some moar
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

jellybeanDAEMON wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:55 pm haiiii guyzz!! i work as a barista full-time and ive gotten really good at making latte art... i would love to share it with you all! ♡

if u have a pretty drink to share [even if it isnt a latte xP] then this is the thread to post a picture of it!!!

im gonna spoil the imgs to reduce the size of the posts :3 enjoy!! and i would LOVE to see other cool drinkydrinks from other ppl too!! even if u didnt make it [is that allowed :shock:???] i wanna appreciate the sips
Spoiler!
if theres any interest i would be happy to post more... i do this literally all the time x3
Holy shit, these are wonderfully done. Do you have any tips for people who want to try making latte art? What cream works best, what to pour it from, etc.
ImageImageImageImageImage
jellybeanDAEMON
United States of America

mysteryROOSTER wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:41 pm
jellybeanDAEMON wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 10:55 pm haiiii guyzz!! i work as a barista full-time and ive gotten really good at making latte art... i would love to share it with you all! ♡

Spoiler!
Holy shit, these are wonderfully done. Do you have any tips for people who want to try making latte art? What cream works best, what to pour it from, etc.
hehehe first of all THANK U!!♡♡ secondly, its honestly just a whole lot of practice, on top of needing some pretty specific tools to do that practice. ive been a barista for about a year and a half now so i dont consider myself an expert just yet BUT i can try to give a rough run-through of how to do so! ♡
  • you do absolutely need a steam wand and a milk-steaming pitcher [16oz is a good size for a pitcher, you can steam around a cup of milk pretty effectively in that]. the "magic" of a good latte art is from steaming the milk [or milk alternative... ymmv with those guys, its generally harder to steam a pitcher of oat or almond milk]... unfortunately no art can be made with milk heated in a microwave or a pan!
    • ive found that half-and-half [aka "breve"] is the most forgiving milk to steam! makes for an excellent latte as well imo, yumm :3
  • the most important part of latte art is getting the right amount of air incorporated into the milk, doing so gradually enough that you can heat and stretch the proteins and fats in the milk, and to develop a microfoam in your milk. latte milk with more foam=cappuccino milk! theres a number of videos showing you how to steam milk perfectly, and once you get a hang of the technique, you'll be able to start making art! it is a careful balance to not scald your milk, to have enough foam, and to have it all well-incorporated into your pitcher [btw your pitcher should just about be half-full, or to the base of the spout as seen in the pitcher]
  • you can make art in any liquid if youve got a good pitcher of steamed milk! but espresso shots with a nice layer of foam [aka "crema"] are what you need to start out!
♡AND HERE IS HOW TO ACTUALLY MAKE THE ART~♡
  • pull a shot, pour it in a mug, tilt the cup at about a 45° angle towards your pitcher, and start slowly pouring your steamed milk right in the middle of your espresso. there shouldnt be any white visible on the surface when youre pouring at this point! if white does rise to the top of the cup then you can pour the milk right on top of it to make it disappear into the coffee :3
  • once the mug is about halfway filled [it should be filled just about to the rim while still held at that angle] you can bring the pitcher to almost touch the surface of the drink and start to pour your art!
  • as you pour the milk, adjust the angle of the cup to avoid spilling; its some practice to get your hands to work together automatically to make sure u dont pour coffee all over the counter xb
    • it is easiest to just pour a dot in the middle, but if you pour a dot then raise the pitcher and pull the milk thru the dot, it turns into a heart! ♡
if you wiggle the pitcher a little as you pour, thats how you get the pretty layers in the drink!! theres honestly a whole lot i didnt cover, but i hope that it at least covers the basics... good luck!! and remember, practice makes perfect ♡ it took me a few solid weeks of practice to even steam the milk right so dont feel discouraged if you cant make any foam appear on the top of your drink the first time or twenty!
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

jellybeanDAEMON wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:21 am

Spoiler!
... good luck!! and remember, practice makes perfect ♡ it took me a few solid weeks of practice to even steam the milk right so dont feel discouraged if you cant make any foam appear on the top of your drink the first time or twenty!
This is super in-depth, you’re great at explaining it too. I sometimes find myself lost for words when I try to explain how I’ve made art hah, but this is gonna help a lot and I’ll definitely have fun trying it ^-^
The closest thing I’ve done before is decorating cakes while using some gooey frosting to make swirls like that, so I imagine it will take a lot of getting used to when using something much more fluid. I’m already picturing the cute stuff I’ll make :3
jellybeanDAEMON
United States of America

mysteryROOSTER wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:03 pm

... good luck!! and remember, practice makes perfect ♡ it took me a few solid weeks of practice to even steam the milk right so dont feel discouraged if you cant make any foam appear on the top of your drink the first time or twenty!
This is super in-depth, you’re great at explaining it too. I sometimes find myself lost for words when I try to explain how I’ve made art hah, but this is gonna help a lot and I’ll definitely have fun trying it ^-^
The closest thing I’ve done before is decorating cakes while using some gooey frosting to make swirls like that, so I imagine it will take a lot of getting used to when using something much more fluid. I’m already picturing the cute stuff I’ll make :3
hehe again GOOD LUCK i believe in ur latte skillzz

and OMG that sounds super cute on a cake!!! if youre comfortable could you post a picture of them in this thread? its not a drinky drink but i think it still fits the artistic vibe :b my thread my rulez and i wanna see the cool latte cake :3
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

jellybeanDAEMON wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:14 pm
Spoiler!
mysteryROOSTER wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 1:03 pm
hehe again GOOD LUCK i believe in ur latte skillzz

and OMG that sounds super cute on a cake!!! if youre comfortable could you post a picture of them in this thread? its not a drinky drink but i think it still fits the artistic vibe :b my thread my rulez and i wanna see the cool latte cake :3
I never got a picture of it </3 but if I make something like that again, I’ll probably take a picture of it instinctively, lol.
mysteryROOSTER
gay

Post by mysteryROOSTER »

I ordered some drinks with art on top but forgot to take pictures