Saving the princess, one goomba stomp at a time - Let's play Super Mario Bros!

Talk about games! Anyone can play these games. We're about to release new games (and you'll love these games)
pea_txt
Moderator of the Cinema & TV subforum
Monaco

Saving the princess, one goomba stomp at a time - Let's play Super Mario Bros!

Post by pea_txt »

Image Super Mario Bros. is a popular game made by Nintendo back in the 80s. Some might say that it's one of the most influential games in the world! Today, in honor of Chris Prat becoming the new voice of Mario for children to remember, I will be playing the very first Mario Game, which is also, funny enough, the very first let's play of the freakboards! Buckle up, cause it's gonna be a wild ride!

This will be a screenshot let's play, meaning that I will be posting screenshots of my gameplay and commenting on each one. Every post will be its own episode, an index will be shown below, with a link to each post for your browsing needs.

I will also be playing on Original Hardware! I have a famicom and the game on cartridge, for the perfect Super Mario Brothers experience.

Episodes:
1 - The Beginning.
pea_txt
Monaco

Re: Saving the princess, one goomba stomp at a time - Let's play Super Mario Bros!

Post by pea_txt »

Episode 1: The Beginning

alright so i kinda screwed up and i don't know how to fix it but my OBS won't let me resize my game while i was watching sumo so please bear with me.

This is what it will look like, I am so sorry.

So in Super Mario Bros, you get to move left and right, sometimes up and a bit less often down. It's more difficult than it sounds, because there are also enemies who go left and right, much less up but a bit more down than up. All these movements are precisely calculated by the game and it knows that you are going to do certain moves.

And so I start the game.

Thankfully, there was a rikishi who was being interviewed when I started, so I didn't miss out on much. Nothing much is shown on this screen, which is the game's way of saying "go ahead! don't be scared! you can do whatever to get used to your mario". This is good for beginners, who are still getting used to playing with a controller. These kinds of players are a rare breed, now that we have on-screen controls on our phones for controls. It doesn't feel like the same, y'know?

goomba!

Here, the first enemy shows himself. A goomba has appeared on screen and he is about to charge straight at you. If you do not react in time, he will hurt you and, worse, kill you. So you must be careful and get out of his way or else you will su-

OH FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE THE BOUT WAS SUPER COOL I WAS TOO FOCUSED ON IT AND I DIED AS A RESULT!

this fucking sucks man, i'm done with this game.

thanks for reading my let's play! i hope you learned some new things about this game. i'll see you next time when i attempt to defeat christopher robin in winnie the pooh's home run derby. see ya!
dayo
homosex
Virgin Islands (USA)

Re: Saving the princess, one goomba stomp at a time - Let's play Super Mario Bros!

Post by dayo »

why does ouhou not simply eat mario
truly... i am the gr8 one
ShrimpScampi
Slippery
Virgin Islands (USA)

Post by ShrimpScampi »

next time you gotta make sure to watch out for the goopa
pea_txt
Monaco

Post by pea_txt »

dayo wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:29 am why does ouhou not simply eat mario
This Would Ruin His Diet
SkieSquiggles
They/It
Italy

Post by SkieSquiggles »

Awesome letsplay, I can't wait for the next one!
Image Signature Under Construction Image (until I think of a better one)
pea_txt
Monaco

Post by pea_txt »

bump. anyone seen this?
buggycreature
lemur
United States of America

Post by buggycreature »

just saw this

cool sumo match, dunno what mario is doing there in the corner